Thread: on counters and recordsets

on counters and recordsets

**sneaks in to avoid being stonned to death for asking yet another question**

Ok, what I am trying to accomplish is this: the file library forms I am making right now are working beautifuly, as long as you dont make any errors as I have no trapping atm, but thats beside the point. One of the forms, frmLibrary_New_Book brings up automatically the name and number of the project the new book belongs to, and it has a drop down box to select the "name" of the file its self.

Here is my proble, I need the next book number to come up as well. While I can generate the number in a querry, I am having no end of problems getting that number from that querry in VBA. Can anyone tell me how to either A. get that bit of info from that query, or B. loop through a recordset, count the number of times a project number comes up, and store the result +1 in a variable?

Thanks to anyone who gives any thought to this.

Brandon
    -=it's not your fault you don't understand...your just stupid is all=-

Nevermind, figured it out ... if anyone else was needing the answer to that question just let me know and I'll explain what I did, but it wouldnt fit in 1000 characters and make any sense i dont think.

Brandon

you used a groupby query with a count column in it, right ?

Yes, which was the easy part, the difficulty came from getting it into a form that already had a recordset assigned to it that didnt relate enough to that query for it to become part of the forms field set.

While I'm sure the members that are more intelligent than me prolly all know of a very easy way to do this, however, I dont and it took me a while to engineer something, so:
    pppbbbbbttt!!!!

Brandon