Thread: Partner database management

Lightbulb Partner database management

Hello everyone,

I am seeking advice on how I could improve the way we manage our partner list.

I work in pr and what I refer to as a partner list is a list of stakeholders (i.e. decision makers at business partners, government officials, etc.) We store the contact information in Excel and use it to send targeted communications to a select group of people on the list, depending on the subject of communications.

Although information is stored centrally on a server at group headquarters, the Excel file is sent on a regular basis to affiliated companies to update their respective worksheet.

Fields in the Excel sheet include the ususal contact details plus the details of the liason at our company.

Whenever a letter is sent to partners, a secretary types every single name and address into a form letter. I know that Word can use an Excel worksheet as a source database but I am not sure if it is possible to use only a selection of the data stored in Excel.

I would appreciate any ideas you would care to share with me.

You need a contact management software like Maximizer (cheaper) or ONYX (expensive) or some readymade code available on forum websites.

It should be possible to do this, see help for Merge feature in word.

When you Click on Merge there is a button for query option where you can define a filter.