Thread: Php+MySql database

Php+MySql database

I am currently trying to find scripts that would display articles on my website using php and mysql database, I want to get the database to display the articles titles and a description of each title and then link each title to its article proper. Can you pls help!

All I can say that you can use
    something called weblogs and you can
    find a full code for this in this book
    (PHP Bible) 2nd Edition
    its a greate book
    your not going to need any thing else
    but i suggest that you go check the book first
    and see if it will give you what you
    need or not before you buy it
    good luck

There are lots of good, free scripts for this purpose out there. Many people use something like PHP Nuke, though this may not exactly be what you're looking for. There are a host of Nuke variants as well (Postnuke, MyPHPNuke etc). For good sources of scripts try PHP Classes, Hotscripts or PHP Resource Index

budu, have you found a solution yet?

If not I may be able to help. I created a PHP+MySQL solution for my company to post Calendar Events dynamically by date based with a description. Similar to what you want to accomplish. Only difference is you want to add a link to the articles page (assumption that the article page already resides elsewhere on site).

Quite simple to setup a web interface to add and edit entries through a listing and form.

you can e-mail me at bflinn@devhaven.com and I'll be glad to reply with code and database structure.