Thread: Detecting when reset button has been pressed

Detecting when reset button has been pressed

I have looked in the manual for a LastClick keyword for the reset button on a fullscreen update page - there isn't one on the list. I have tried `reset' (the tooltip) and `updatereset' (like `updatecancel' which is valid for cancel) but with no success. Can you help?

Hi Bob,

First of all, I'm assuming you're talking about Tornado...

On the full screen input forms there is a Clear and an Cancel button. Again, I'll assume you're talking about "Clear" since that's the only one with a tooltip called "Reset" as you refer to in your post...

Ok, that button is doing a JavaScript reset() function. It basically restores the form to the status it was at when it loaded. It does NOT make a trip to the server and therefore doesn't put anything on the URL or execute any code that you can catch in ASPX and do something with.

Let us know what you're trying to do and we'll see if there's a way to accomplish it. Maybe you need to replace that button with your own custom button that does what you wish?

Fill us in some more. Thanks,
    John

John

That explains why I can't get rid of it!

As mentioned in a previous thread, it doesn't make sense to have a clear button for the screen I have created. Frank mentioned that he would implement it. I just thought I might be able to hide it - as a `make-do' I've created an invisible button. However, this is not perfect - it still appears when I hover over it! (I've created on_reset.gif, reset.gif and even g_reset.gif!

Interesting "patch". Did you make it 1 pixel by 1 pixel and a transparent GIF file?

That would make it one small target!

John

No - I've made it the size of the existing button - but I will now!!!

clear button "on/off" is already implemented. Let em know if you are ready to try it...

FK

Yes - I'm ready for it!