Thread: VB Script in DTS

Question VB Script in DTS

Hai,

I have some problem with running a VB Script in DTS.
    The problem Description goes like this.

There is a DTS package that has been written to assign task items to a particular person. This DTS when executed from the enterprise manager directly executes fine and the task is assigned.

Now for scheduling the task:
    I tried scheduling using a windows scheduler calling a batch file containing the following command in it (dtsrun /S<ServerName> /E /N"Send Task") it executes and the task is assigned.

Now on the other hand I tried using the SQL SERVER AGENT, now when I schedule this the task fails and the error that is obtained is

(.. Loading... DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1, Error = -2147220482 (800403FE) Error string: Error Code: 0 Error Source= Microsoft VBScript runtime error Error Description: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Outlook.application' Error on Line 29 Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts80.hlp Help context: 4500 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147220482 (800403FE); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: Error Code: 0 Error Source= Microsoft VBScript runtime error Error Description: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Outlook.application' Error on Line 29 Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts80.hlp Help context: 4500 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSActiveScriptTask_1 DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.)

Now I installed the Windows scripting host (WSH - contains the following dlls. a) ADVPACK.DLL, b) W95INF16.DLL c) W95INF32.DLL). After installing this the DTS on scheduling using the SQL SERVER AGENT executes fine.

Please clarify as to what is the significance of this WSH. Is it a must that we need to use the WSH for using SQL SERVER AGENT as scheduler for a DTS containing the VBscript embedded.

Please note: All the logins are the WINDOWS AUTHENTICATED only. none of them use the SQL AUTHENTICATION....

Please guide me through....

Thanks and Regards,
    Murali Krishnan Elangovan

May sql agent service account permission issue. Try start sql agent with account you used to login windows.

Hai,
    Thanks for ur reply.

Ya, my service agent runs in the same account as my windows login
    I am sure abt that.

Regards
    Murali