Thread: Tornado Hardcoding problems

Tornado Hardcoding problems

Hey guys, I'm having problems working around the code that Tornado hard codes into it's pages when using any skin, specifically, a table cellspacing of 1 pixel, and a center page alignment.

Tornado adds a <div align=center> tag to the page, right before the main data table. I tried using the suggested fix (adding <table><tr><td align=left> before the content) but that does not work, because it comes *before* the hard-coded div tag.

Also, at the beginning of the main data table, it *always* uses: <table border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=0> and I can't find any option or place in the style sheets to change that.

Now, these issues are purely cosmetic, but my company still needs to be able to format our data output to our wishes (isn't that the main point of Tornado? Easily format data?).

Any help is appreciated.

1. can you set dbSKin=none to knock out the system CSS

2. you can use the old dbtagletag, dbtdfont etc.. to code your own

3. WHat is your 'preferred' format for coding the css ?

4. Have you seen the custom skin we developed for our customers. Contact support for some reference.

5. There is a custom skin wizard at work now.

6. Look at the css files in you can make up your own by modifying the css files.

7. There seems to be only one <div align=center> in the code - superbar #5. All are in the css file in the /tornado/css directory.

FK

1. Yeah, setting DBSkin to none fixes the problem. However, I shouldn't have to not use skins to to do small things like left justify my tables.

2. I've never used the original ASP-DB, only Tornado. Part of the reason we bought Tornado was the skins. As I said before, I don't want to be prohibited from using them (i.e. forced to make my own) just to left-justify a table.

3. ? I don't really care what format it's done in. Typically my CSS files look quite similiar to the CSS files included with Tornado.

4. OK, I will =)

5. This is good news =) A custom skin wizard would be very nice - especially if you could make it so you could load pre-defined skins, and just customize them. I look forward to seeing this.

6. That's what I've done. I took a skin you guys shipped, and modified 5-6 attributes.

7. There's no suberbar, or div anywhere in the skin I'm using, or any of the half dozen I just got done looking through.

Basically, I want to use skins, because we paid for them, but I'd like to have full control. I've been modifying them, and have looked through them - there's no mention of div tags or superbars in any of them. However, I can probably get my boss off my back by telling him that a custom skin wizard is in the works now =) Do you have any eta on it?

AS you might notice that the skins are color co-ordinated. We are trying to select the part that we can put into the wizard that does not require that. I'll make a note to send you the beta once available.

FK

Thanks!