Thread: Seeking solution for a problem

Nour Guest

Seeking solution for a problem

Hi Guys;

I have two tables: tbl1 and tbl2.
    They have the same structure, same columns. Except tbl1 and tbl2 may have some different values for some columns due to changes made by different users.

I have wrote a stored procedure to extract all the ROWS where at least one column value is different in tbl2 from tbl1 and it works.

My objective is to write in a third table the exact column and the value that has been changed.

as example:
    tbl1 and tbl2 have 5 columns col1, col2, col3, col4, col5

for each row based on a PK such as oid:
    for each oid we compare the 5 columns from each table and if the value in col3 in tbl1 is different from col3 in tbl2, I should be able to identify it clearly in a third table.

Do you have any great idea (i am sure YES).

Thanks in advance.

Seeking solution for a problem (reply)

You can use SELECT something INTO Table3 from ...

------------
    Nour at 8/30/00 8:50:08 PM

Hi Guys;

I have two tables: tbl1 and tbl2.
    They have the same structure, same columns. Except tbl1 and tbl2 may have some different values for some columns due to changes made by different users.

I have wrote a stored procedure to extract all the ROWS where at least one column value is different in tbl2 from tbl1 and it works.

My objective is to write in a third table the exact column and the value that has been changed.

as example:
    tbl1 and tbl2 have 5 columns col1, col2, col3, col4, col5

for each row based on a PK such as oid:
    for each oid we compare the 5 columns from each table and if the value in col3 in tbl1 is different from col3 in tbl2, I should be able to identify it clearly in a third table.

Do you have any great idea (i am sure YES).

Thanks in advance.