Hello all,

I have a very large task at hand and I also have some ideas as to how I would like to proceed. I am looking for a sounding board to bounce the ideas off and any suggestions, which may help to clarify the process. All of the areas below have been identified to help in the identification of information for creating integration models (CIF) R/3 to APO. This project will be utilizing R/3 as the supplier of master data for APO. We are doing a full APO implementation. At this time I require the following items or at least an identification.

The magnitude of this project far exceeds any present or past projects for the requirements of APO. There are requirements for:
at least 190,000 materials in DP
at least 1.3 million materials for GATP
An undetermined number of materials for PP/DS & SNP, but will most likely be somewhere between DP & GATP.

It is my intention to create the CIF models based against planning life cycle for high and low volume materials. I would like to drive the models by identify the perspective materials per each Arsenal/Depot in conjunction with an MRP controller and cross reference each material to a material group. In addition I am planning to create a relevancy flagging system within the material masters. This information will help develop a materials matrix for the Arsenals/Depots and inevitably the planning APO load cycles for the CIF integration models.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to create a flagging field within the material masters, which will identify relevancy to:
GATP relevant
DP relevant
PP/DS relevant
SNP relevant
DP, PP/DS relevant
PP/DS, SNP relevant
DP, PP/DS, SNP relevant
2. Can the flags be combinations or singular identifiers?
3. Would the flags also appear as a field within the CIF or would the flags only be attached to it's respective material master?
4. Can the flag information be identifiable within APO?
5. We need an identification of the Arsenals/Depots.
6. What are the planning cycle times IE: month, month, month, 1yr, 7yr.?
7. Can the models be identified against low volume materials and high volume materials and batched this way?
8. Can we develop a 1 to 1 Cross reference of MRP controller to Material group since material type identification will not work for this project and since there is a flag within the CIF identifying MRP controllers?
9. Since there are so many materials is it not prudent to breakdown the materials in terms of planning cycle, flag relevancy and MRP controller to identify CIF batch model runs for each of the Arsenals/Depots.
10. It will be necessary to identify the number of materials to be planned in SNP.
11. It will be necessary to identify the relevancy of materials in GATP.
12. It will be necessary to identify the which materials are going to be planned in PP/DS.
13. It will be necessary to identify the which materials are planned in PP/DS and what % of these materials will also be planned in SNP.

This is a start to required information I will need. I would like to know who is responsible for the data/materials for each Arsenal/Depot.

This does not need to be added, but I am sending out an inquireries based off of Flag filtering for DP, PP/DS, GATP and SNP.

Thanks to all in advancce for replying to this post. There is a great deal to be learned since APO has not undertaken a project of this magnitude. Any comments or assistance would be much appreciated. Please respond to the forum post or email me directly.

Geoff