Thread: Newbie question and win 2k

Ed larkin Guest

Newbie question and win 2k

Hella all,
    I have a problem with win 2k and server extension, every time i try to run an asp page off iis 5.0 i get Server Application Error

The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information.
    Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

i have checked my event log and says that the preconfigured user name and password were incorrect, but..... I did not preconfigure a user name and password and
    all permissions and scripts are granted when i run permissions wizard on the default web site undert IIS manager.

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance ,
    Ed larkin

John Guest

Newbie question and win 2k (reply)

Hi Ed,

I'm using Win2k and have no problems. First of all, did you register the
    dll in the Component Services tool? If so, in the package you created,
    did you set the Identity to Interactive User or a specific account? If using
    Interactive User, you must be LOGGED ON with Admin privs for the component
    to run properly. Log off and it will quit working. Best to setup a specific
    acct. and run under that.

As a test, just register it with regsvr32 and see if that fixes it.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Ed larkin at 9/15/99 4:29:22 PM

Hella all,
    I have a problem with win 2k and server extension, every time i try to run an asp page off iis 5.0 i get Server Application Error

The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information.
    Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

i have checked my event log and says that the preconfigured user name and password were incorrect, but..... I did not preconfigure a user name and password and
    all permissions and scripts are granted when i run permissions wizard on the default web site undert IIS manager.

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance ,
    Ed larkin