Thread: Custom Button Problems in Form Mode

Nick Matteucci Guest

Custom Button Problems in Form Mode

I am building custom buttons that allow users to edit certains sets of records in a very long table. They do not want to build the buttons into Grid mode, but instead, want to go to form mode first.

Unfortunately, the form mode does not change the pointer for me. Here is a example (using your test database) where I am creating the custom edit button.

To see the problem, select an index number from grid mode (other then the first one) and compare the shortcut from your UPDATE button and my EDIT button.

See the difference? I am selecting a record but do not seem to have the index.

Please help...

Nick

' Here is the simple code using the ASPdb sample database
    <%

Set MyDb = Server.CreateObject(&#34;AspDB.EP&#34
    MyDb.dbmdb=Server.MapPath(&#34;asp-test.mdb&#34
    MyDb.dbUnit = 1
    MyDb.DBColor = &#34;4,auto,lightblue&#34;
    MyDb.dbImageDir=&#34;images/&#34;
    MyDb.dbGridTableTag = &#34;border=3 cellspacing=3 cellpadding=3&#34;
    MyDb.DbMode = &#34;Both&#34;
    MyDb.dbSQL = &#34;Select * from Products&#34;
    MyDb.dbNavigation=&#34;bottom&#34;
    MyDb.dbNavigationItem=&#34;next, prev, add, update&#34;
    MyDb.dbNavigationIcon=&#34;std&#34;

Mydb.dbCustomButtons=&#34;AnotherEdit,edit,#me#?as pDBBut_1=aspDBEditUpdate::#ASPdbIndex#&aspDBClick_ 1=update&aspDBUnit=_1;&#34;

&#39;These properties are for the PRO version (in addition to the extra dbNavigationItems):
    MyDb.dbEditParams=&#34;TableName=Products,BookMark Flds=UniqueID,TableTag=BORDER=2&#34;
    MyDb.dbEditFlds=&#34;1,2,3,4,5&#34; &#39; Note: You CANNOT include the AutoNumbered UniqueID field!

MyDb.aspDBEP
    %>

FK Guest

Custom Button Problems in Form Mode (reply)

Nick,
    Look for this fixup in the next release 2114a or above. #AspdbIndex# will then have the index in CustomButton.

Frank

------------
    Nick Matteucci at 9/14/99 5:35:09 PM

I am building custom buttons that allow users to edit certains sets of records in a very long table. They do not want to build the buttons into Grid mode, but instead, want to go to form mode first.

Unfortunately, the form mode does not change the pointer for me. Here is a example (using your test database) where I am creating the custom edit button.

To see the problem, select an index number from grid mode (other then the first one) and compare the shortcut from your UPDATE button and my EDIT button.

See the difference? I am selecting a record but do not seem to have the index.

Please help...

Nick

&#39; Here is the simple code using the ASPdb sample database
    <%

Set MyDb = Server.CreateObject(&#34;AspDB.EP&#34
    MyDb.dbmdb=Server.MapPath(&#34;asp-test.mdb&#34
    MyDb.dbUnit = 1
    MyDb.DBColor = &#34;4,auto,lightblue&#34;
    MyDb.dbImageDir=&#34;images/&#34;
    MyDb.dbGridTableTag = &#34;border=3 cellspacing=3 cellpadding=3&#34;
    MyDb.DbMode = &#34;Both&#34;
    MyDb.dbSQL = &#34;Select * from Products&#34;
    MyDb.dbNavigation=&#34;bottom&#34;
    MyDb.dbNavigationItem=&#34;next, prev, add, update&#34;
    MyDb.dbNavigationIcon=&#34;std&#34;

Mydb.dbCustomButtons=&#34;AnotherEdit,edit,#me#?as pDBBut_1=aspDBEditUpdate::#ASPdbIndex#&aspDBClick_ 1=update&aspDBUnit=_1;&#34;

&#39;These properties are for the PRO version (in addition to the extra dbNavigationItems):
    MyDb.dbEditParams=&#34;TableName=Products,BookMark Flds=UniqueID,TableTag=BORDER=2&#34;
    MyDb.dbEditFlds=&#34;1,2,3,4,5&#34; &#39; Note: You CANNOT include the AutoNumbered UniqueID field!

MyDb.aspDBEP
    %>