Thread: Heavy Server Load?

Mark T Guest

Heavy Server Load?

OK. I'm almost *sold* on this product. But before I start moving my 800+ page web site to a database running ASPDB, I would like to know other folks' impressions.

Mainly, does your server run faster with ASPDB enabled pages, or with html with SSI and pure VBScript?

How is the stability and reliability? Not being a true NT guru, I would find it a nightmare if I had to restart my server several times daily because of ASPDB problems.

Basically, how does it run on a server doing a couple gigs/day in data transfers? 5 gigs/day? 10+/day?

The benefits I can see already with ASPDB are as follows:

I can focus on site design and building rather than continual content updating in html.
    My co-workers in our small company can do their OWN updates to pages. Sales can update sales related info. Marketing can update marketing and Support can update support.

Changing entire look of a site will progress much faster since there are far fewer pages to worry about. I'm hoping cut down significantly on sokme of my sites' pages.

So, it definitely has some great bennies!

What other benefits should I take into consideration? It's certainly easier than Visual Interdev, AND it appears to be much less taxing. But, not so flexible with e-commerce things.

Frank Guest

Heavy Server Load? (reply)

A few words from the developer....

How stable is this product ?
    This forum is done using ASPdb, like the stability of it ? There is also a recent write-up concerning the stability of ASPdb. Check the www.aspdb.com site.

How fast is it ?
    Depends on what you do ? Go check out some benchmark @ www.kingkwong.com. There is a 330,000+ records sample database in three formats ACCESS, SQL and ORACLE.

How mauch traffic can it handle ?
    As much as NT+IIS could. Try to use MTS instead of regsvr32.

Alos, if you like what you see by working with the evals. Check out the coming version in www.kingkwong.com.

Frank

------------
    Mark T at 12/12/99 10:33:08 PM

OK. I'm almost *sold* on this product. But before I start moving my 800+ page web site to a database running ASPDB, I would like to know other folks' impressions.

Mainly, does your server run faster with ASPDB enabled pages, or with html with SSI and pure VBScript?

How is the stability and reliability? Not being a true NT guru, I would find it a nightmare if I had to restart my server several times daily because of ASPDB problems.

Basically, how does it run on a server doing a couple gigs/day in data transfers? 5 gigs/day? 10+/day?

The benefits I can see already with ASPDB are as follows:

I can focus on site design and building rather than continual content updating in html.
    My co-workers in our small company can do their OWN updates to pages. Sales can update sales related info. Marketing can update marketing and Support can update support.

Changing entire look of a site will progress much faster since there are far fewer pages to worry about. I'm hoping cut down significantly on sokme of my sites' pages.

So, it definitely has some great bennies!

What other benefits should I take into consideration? It's certainly easier than Visual Interdev, AND it appears to be much less taxing. But, not so flexible with e-commerce things.