Thread: Custom Error Handling for SQL, DLL, and ODBC

Nick Matteucci Guest

Custom Error Handling for SQL, DLL, and ODBC

Hi Gang / Happy New Year,

Is there anyway to intercept the "yellow box" errors. These are typically criptic messages about ODBC, the DLL, etc.

I am aware of the Supress Message command but this does not eliminate the other types of errors. This is especially troublesoom in filters.

Nick Matteucci

Frank Guest

Custom Error Handling for SQL, DLL, and ODBC (reply)

I asked this question at the asap conference and MS indicated that they would improved that in W2000. As fo rnow if you find any reference that provides more than those cryptic ADO messages, I'll be gald to implement that. Actually, it is not that bad. The input types and values can be all checked via ASPdb and ASP and JS. The returned yellow box error messages are not that cryptic like "SQL statement is incorrect" etc. Give some examples in the type of error you try to catch.

FK

------------
    Nick Matteucci at 1/3/00 2:51:26 PM

Is there anyway to intercept the "yellow box" errors. These are typically criptic messages about ODBC, the DLL, etc.

I am aware of the Supress Message command but this does not eliminate the other types of errors. This is especially troublesoom in filters.

Nick Matteucci

Nick Matteucci Guest

Custom Error Handling for SQL, DLL, and ODBC (reply)

Hi Frank,

All I really need to know is when the ASPdb DLL does not complete successfully for any reason.

I can then redirect to a page of common errors / etc.

Do you have anything I can trigger off of...

Nick Matteucci

------------
    Frank at 1/3/00 2:57:15 PM

I asked this question at the asap conference and MS indicated that they would improved that in W2000. As fo rnow if you find any reference that provides more than those cryptic ADO messages, I'll be gald to implement that. Actually, it is not that bad. The input types and values can be all checked via ASPdb and ASP and JS. The returned yellow box error messages are not that cryptic like "SQL statement is incorrect" etc. Give some examples in the type of error you try to catch.

FK

------------
    Nick Matteucci at 1/3/00 2:51:26 PM

Nick Matteucci