Thread: Wildcard date search

Frank Pulliza Guest

Wildcard date search

I am trying to query an Access97 db using ASP with IIS4.0. I used FrontPage98 to build the db regions and build the SQL statements. I can query the db just fine when searching for text via a form (wildcard searches, something like %%LASTNAME%%). This works just fine. Now I want my users to be able to query the db via the form using dates. I tried the same syntax (something like %%STARTDATE%%), but this returns a DATA TYPE MISMATCH error. The filed on the FrontPage98 form is listed as "No Constrains". The field on the Access database is a "Date/Time" field. From what I gather, this is trying to search with text for a date, which is not allowed. I can exter a static date in the SQL statement (like #4/18/99#), and I get the results. But I want the date field to be dynamic and to be read via input from the form. I can't find the answer anywhere. If anyone has ANY suggestions at all, pls e-mail. Thanks.

Frank
    Santa Cruz, CA

John Guest

Wildcard date search (reply)

Hi Frank,

You might get better results in one of the ASP forums out here.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Frank Pulliza at 1/12/00 5:56:26 PM

I am trying to query an Access97 db using ASP with IIS4.0. I used FrontPage98 to build the db regions and build the SQL statements. I can query the db just fine when searching for text via a form (wildcard searches, something like %%LASTNAME%%). This works just fine. Now I want my users to be able to query the db via the form using dates. I tried the same syntax (something like %%STARTDATE%%), but this returns a DATA TYPE MISMATCH error. The filed on the FrontPage98 form is listed as "No Constrains". The field on the Access database is a "Date/Time" field. From what I gather, this is trying to search with text for a date, which is not allowed. I can exter a static date in the SQL statement (like #4/18/99#), and I get the results. But I want the date field to be dynamic and to be read via input from the form. I can't find the answer anywhere. If anyone has ANY suggestions at all, pls e-mail. Thanks.

Frank
    Santa Cruz, CA