Thread: paging problem

Mike Schmidt Guest

paging problem

I am building an application where you select records by clicking a letter of the alphabet which sends that letter to the where clause of the sql statement. Records are displayed in a grid. Problem is when I page thru the recordset of the 'a' records to say the 3rd page, then select 'b', the grid trys to start of the 3rd page of the 'b' records. It seems to be remembering the recordset page. Is there a way to tell aspdb to set AbsolutePage or at least start on 1.

Mark Guest

paging problem (reply)

Mike,
    I don't have your source code, but it sounds like you may be missing a dbReset.
    You need to do a dbReset whenever the WHERE clause on your SQL statement changes. See Programming Example D5a.
    Mark.

------------
    Mike Schmidt at 2/1/00 3:59:40 PM

I am building an application where you select records by clicking a letter of the alphabet which sends that letter to the where clause of the sql statement. Records are displayed in a grid. Problem is when I page thru the recordset of the 'a' records to say the 3rd page, then select 'b', the grid trys to start of the 3rd page of the 'b' records. It seems to be remembering the recordset page. Is there a way to tell aspdb to set AbsolutePage or at least start on 1.