Thread: Multiple date entrys

Stuart Paice Guest

Multiple date entrys

i am writing a timesheet entry DB and i have been trying to add multiple entries from one entry.

eg i have wroked_date field and would like to enter the entire week with all the same details but chage the date from the moday date to the friday date. is there any chance that someone could help me i have been stuck with this issue for a while.

thanks for any reply

stuart

John Guest

Multiple date entrys (reply)

Hi Stuart,

I assume you're using ASP-db since you're in the ASP-db support forum!

So, all you need to do is spin through a loop and use dbSilentCmdText to manually execute the SQL statement you wish to add the data.

set X=Server.CreateObject("ASP.db&#34
    for i = 1 to 5 ' or whatever it takes to loop through your days
    ' set the connection
    x.dbSilentCmdText="INSERT INTO yourtable (field1,field2) VALUE ('a','b&#39"
    x.ASPdb
    next

You'd modify your dbSilentCmdText to have the various strings you need for each day of the week or whatever.

Hope this helps,
    John

------------
    Stuart Paice at 12/14/00 1:19:03 AM

i am writing a timesheet entry DB and i have been trying to add multiple entries from one entry.

eg i have wroked_date field and would like to enter the entire week with all the same details but chage the date from the moday date to the friday date. is there any chance that someone could help me i have been stuck with this issue for a while.

thanks for any reply

stuart

Stuart Paice Guest

Multiple date entrys (reply)

Hi thanks for the reply will this place in the add page a date selecting for the five days or automaticly just insert into the DB.

my aim is to be able to select 5 different date settings in the add table and when i submit the page it will update each date with the details into the DB.

is there an example i can have a look at

------------
    John at 12/14/00 2:58:27 AM

Hi Stuart,

I assume you're using ASP-db since you're in the ASP-db support forum!

So, all you need to do is spin through a loop and use dbSilentCmdText to manually execute the SQL statement you wish to add the data.

set X=Server.CreateObject("ASP.db&#34
    for i = 1 to 5 ' or whatever it takes to loop through your days
    ' set the connection
    x.dbSilentCmdText="INSERT INTO yourtable (field1,field2) VALUE ('a','b&#39"
    x.ASPdb
    next

You'd modify your dbSilentCmdText to have the various strings you need for each day of the week or whatever.

Hope this helps,
    John

------------
    Stuart Paice at 12/14/00 1:19:03 AM

thanks for any reply

stuart