Thread: filtering for several values of a field

yoonnn Guest

filtering for several values of a field

Hello!
    I am working on a project where I have to take eventually several values of a field in a filter, and then display the data from a database
    I have succeeded in doing the form with the multiple select object
    I have done the redirection towards the principal page where I take back the selected values in a variable, that I call "selection"
    But I do not know how to display the data
    I receive the following error on my browser:

Error # = 80040E14
    Description = [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-00920: invalid relational operator
    Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
    SQL State = 37000
    NativeError = 920

And when I choose only one value,it works.
    Perhaps aspdb is not adapted for filtering with several values
    You already told me to look at the example apps/mh-sql-multi1.asp but in this example, it is not exactly "filtering"
    how can I solve my problem?
    Please don't tell me that I must buy the gold version!
    thanx
    /yoonnn

John Guest

filtering for several values of a field (reply)

Hi Yoonnn,

ASP-db doesn't have the ability to allow filtering of multiple criteria for a SINGLE field except with the 2000 version of the software.

The solution suggested at apps/mh-sql-multi1.asp is really just using your own HTML form "ahead of time" to help you create a dbSQL statement to show the particular records.

If you're trying to implement this solution and are having troubles, just print out the dbSQL statement you're executing and find the syntax error. You can even just paste this statement into your database's query tool and see the syntax error there too.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    yoonnn at 7/12/00 9:13:21 AM

Hello!
    I am working on a project where I have to take eventually several values of a field in a filter, and then display the data from a database
    I have succeeded in doing the form with the multiple select object
    I have done the redirection towards the principal page where I take back the selected values in a variable, that I call "selection"
    But I do not know how to display the data
    I receive the following error on my browser:

Error # = 80040E14
    Description = [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-00920: invalid relational operator
    Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
    SQL State = 37000
    NativeError = 920

And when I choose only one value,it works.
    Perhaps aspdb is not adapted for filtering with several values
    You already told me to look at the example apps/mh-sql-multi1.asp but in this example, it is not exactly "filtering"
    how can I solve my problem?
    Please don't tell me that I must buy the gold version!
    thanx
    /yoonnn