Thread: Dr. Watson

Ron Schechtman Guest

Dr. Watson

I have several people using an ASP-DB app in a windows NT environment basically adding and changing records. After about 30 minutes of activity they get knocked off the air with a Dr. Watson error. Any thoughts.

Frank Kwong Guest

Dr. Watson (reply)

the first suspect is the MS-Access. Is that what's being used ?

FK

------------
    Ron Schechtman at 8/9/01 3:31:51 PM

I have several people using an ASP-DB app in a windows NT environment basically adding and changing records. After about 30 minutes of activity they get knocked off the air with a Dr. Watson error. Any thoughts.

Ron Schechtman Guest

Dr. Watson (reply)

No. I am using SQL Server 7.0 with ASP-DB.
    ------------
    Frank Kwong at 8/9/01 8:54:17 PM

FK

------------

Frank Kwong Guest

Dr. Watson (reply)

without more info, I have to place the O/S SQL setup as a suspect. See this forum is powered by ASP-db and SQL and is hold up pretty good I would say.

If you can afford the setup, repeat what you are doing with SQL2000 in an identical manner.

The next thing is to run the MS stress test on the setup by recording a macro to write to it and then increase the concurrent load until it breaks. The post your findings.

How many are writing to your DB at one time - Concurrently ?

------------
    Ron Schechtman at 8/10/01 2:20:25 PM

No. I am using SQL Server 7.0 with ASP-DB.
    ------------
    Frank Kwong at 8/9/01 8:54:17 PM

FK

------------