Thread: Displaying form views for several records?

Ted Moore Guest

Displaying form views for several records?

Dear Forum,

I had asked a similar question with respect to printing multiple forms, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

My client would like me to create an easily printable page consisting of form views of multiple records. For example, if the user conducts a search for vendor profiles from a given state and the result shows 4 records, is there a way to display all 4 form views at once, so the user can simply print the page of all 4 matching profiles (form views)?

Thanks in advance - Ted.

Frank Kwong Guest

Displaying form views for several records? (reply)

1. Module #1 - let user perform search and result 4 records (for example).
    2. Identfy the key field and export the "column" using MagicLayout.
    3. Module 2-5 each take on of the record key and produce a form. Do not display and export them as a form.
    4. Use a template or in the same ASP file make a table of 1x4 and stuff the 4 cells each with the column export of 4.

You might need the GOld versio to perform this. I'll look to see whether there is a more simple way to export the column.

FK

------------
    Ted Moore at 8/6/01 2:16:29 PM

Dear Forum,

I had asked a similar question with respect to printing multiple forms, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

My client would like me to create an easily printable page consisting of form views of multiple records. For example, if the user conducts a search for vendor profiles from a given state and the result shows 4 records, is there a way to display all 4 form views at once, so the user can simply print the page of all 4 matching profiles (form views)?

Thanks in advance - Ted.