Thread: How to send parameters to a javascript function with editvalidatename

Michel Joannes Guest

How to send parameters to a javascript function with editvalidatename

Hello,

using enterprise edition,

I'm trying to do some client validations using editvalidatename.
    I understand the syntax, but some messages in the forum reference the old site (aspdb.com). So I don't find the 'unofficial' examples and I don't find the aspdb.com/apps examples.
    My question is how to use editvalidatename to validate on field (and not another)
    For example : Select name,first,zip,state from customers
    How to precise in dbeditparams that I want to make a validation on zip using the function (javascript) ValidateZip() and to make another validation on state using ValidateState(). Or using only one function with a parameter.

Then, what must return the function ? a boolean ?

Thank you for any response

John Guest

How to send parameters to a javascript function with editvalidatename (reply)

Hi Michel,

Sorry you can't find the example you're looking for.

The official application programs are at www.aspdb.org and click on Examples.

If you can't find it there, then it's probably not an Nwind example, but might be an "unofficial example" on the site of an ASPdb reseller at:
    www.mmstools.com/apps.

Hope this helps,
    John

------------
    Michel Joannes at 8/1/01 8:46:02 AM

Hello,

using enterprise edition,

I'm trying to do some client validations using editvalidatename.
    I understand the syntax, but some messages in the forum reference the old site (aspdb.com). So I don't find the 'unofficial' examples and I don't find the aspdb.com/apps examples.
    My question is how to use editvalidatename to validate on field (and not another)
    For example : Select name,first,zip,state from customers
    How to precise in dbeditparams that I want to make a validation on zip using the function (javascript) ValidateZip() and to make another validation on state using ValidateState(). Or using only one function with a parameter.

Then, what must return the function ? a boolean ?

Thank you for any response