Thread: dbFldsNotes not showing all text

Carl Draves Guest

dbFldsNotes not showing all text

I am only getting one line on my FldsNotes. How do I get everything to show?

AER1DB.dbFldsNotes = &#34;New Hires Comments,Do you have any new hires for this payroll? If so, list their name(s) in the comment section and submit a <b>New Employee sign-up Packet</B>.;Re Hires Comments,Are there any re-hires on this payroll? If so, list names(s) in the comment section and submit a <b>New Employee sign-up Packet</B> if employee was gone over 30 days or a Personnel Action Form if gone 30 days or less.;&#34;

Thanks, Carl

Frank Kwong Guest

dbFldsNotes not showing all text (reply)

Explain a bit more in what you are trying to so. Are you trying to place a paragraph of text in the fldsnotes of one field ?

Also, try to use the templates to do that if your version is EP and above. The standard templates (modes) can only go so far.

FK

------------
    Carl Draves at 5/1/01 11:41:51 PM

AER1DB.dbFldsNotes = &#34;New Hires Comments,Do you have any new hires for this payroll? If so, list their name(s) in the comment section and submit a <b>New Employee sign-up Packet</B>.;Re Hires Comments,Are there any re-hires on this payroll? If so, list names(s) in the comment section and submit a <b>New Employee sign-up Packet</B> if employee was gone over 30 days or a Personnel Action Form if gone 30 days or less.;&#34;

Thanks, Carl

Carl Guest

Yes Frank, I am trying to put at least a paragraph of notes in fldsnotes. It seem to only put the first 47 characters and spaces into the Note. Example would be:

&#34;Do you have any new hires for this payroll? If so&#34;

and I need:

Do you have any new hires for this payroll? If so, list their name(s) in the comment section and submit a <b>New Employee sign-up Packet

You suggested Templates. I am running EP but it tells me that I need Gold to run and of the templates. Which ASPdb tag should I be using if not those?

Thanks for your help Frank.

Carl
    ------------
    Frank Kwong at 5/2/01 12:19:44 AM

Explain a bit more in what you are trying to so. Are you trying to place a paragraph of text in the fldsnotes of one field ?

Also, try to use the templates to do that if your version is EP and above. The standard templates (modes) can only go so far.

FK

------------

Thanks, Carl

Frank Kwong Guest

Now, only allow 47 characters is not right. That I have to look into. EP has template - level 1 template (replace the form and edits). That is exactly what you need here.

FK

------------
    Carl at 5/2/01 11:16:29 PM

Yes Frank, I am trying to put at least a paragraph of notes in fldsnotes. It seem to only put the first 47 characters and spaces into the Note. Example would be:

and I need:

Do you have any new hires for this payroll? If so, list their name(s) in the comment section and submit a <b>New Employee sign-up Packet

You suggested Templates. I am running EP but it tells me that I need Gold to run and of the templates. Which ASPdb tag should I be using if not those?

Carl
    ------------

FK

------------

Thanks, Carl

Mark Guest

Carl,
    The comma is what is killing you. It is the default delimiter. Choose a different delimiter.

AER1DB.dbFldsNotes = &#34;(;~)New Hires Comments, Do you have ...&#34;

Mark.

------------
    Frank Kwong at 5/3/01 1:18:10 AM

Now, only allow 47 characters is not right. That I have to look into. EP has template - level 1 template (replace the form and edits). That is exactly what you need here.

FK

------------
    Carl at 5/2/01 11:16:29 PM

and I need:

Carl
    ------------

FK

------------

Thanks, Carl