Thread: Problem with dbEditAddROFlds

Carl Draves Guest

Problem with dbEditAddROFlds

I am having trouble getting some fields to be read only on an add page. The code I am using is below. The fields I am trying to make read only are:

AER1DB.dbEditAddROFlds= "0,updated,SC Reviewed,SC Reviewed Date,SC Comments"

0, updated and SC Reviewed come up read only on the page but SC Reviewed Date And SC Comments come up still editable. I have even tried using their field number with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Carl

<%
    Set AER1DB = Server.CreateObject(&#34;ASPdb.EP&#34
    AER1DB.dbUnit = 101
    AER1DB.dbDSN = &#34;DSN=Dragon; UID=sa; PWD=&#34;
    AER1DB.dbSQL = &#34;SELECT * FROM statuschange WHERE ClientID=&#39;&#34; & Session(&#34;myClientID&#34& &#34;&#39; ORDER BY Updated DESC&#34;
    AER1DB.dbMode = &#34;Both&#34;
    AER1DB.dbStartUp=&#34;EditAdd&#34;
    AER1DB.dbNavigation = &#34;Both&#34;
    AER1DB.dbNavigationIcon = &#34;std&#34;
    AER1DB.dbImageDir = &#34;images/&#34;
    AER1DB.dbNavigationItem = &#34;Add,Next,Prev,Filter,gridrow,Reload&#34;
    AER1DB.dbColor = &#34;2,Auto,009999,,,False&#34;
    AER1DB.dbEditParams = _
    &#34;TableName=statuschange,BookMarkFlds=0&#34;
    AER1DB.dbEditFlds = &#34;(;,[]) ClientID[&#34; & Session(&#34;myClientID&#34 & &#34;],Updated[timestamp(mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss)], First Name, Last Name, SSN, Department, Job Title, Type Change, Effective Date, Reason, Reason Other, Layoff, Layoff Other, Leave, Leave Start, Leave End, Resignation, Resignation Other, Involuntary Term,Payroll Effective, Payroll Rate From, Payroll Rate To, Payroll Comments, Status From, Status To, Status Comments, Work Position From, Work Position To,BWC Code From, BWC Code To, Department From, Department To, Department Comments, Family Status From, Family Status To, New Street, New City, New State, New Zip Code, New Telephone, New School District, New Email,SC Reviewed[No],SC Reviewed Date,SC Comments&#34;
    AER1DB.dbEditAddROFlds= &#34;0,updated,SC Reviewed,SC Reviewed Date,SC Comments&#34;
    AER1DB.dbEditDropFlds=&#34;Type Change,,,/Payroll/Benefits/Personal;Reason,,,/New Hire/Rehire/Promotion/Demotion/Transfer/Merit Increase/Length of Service/Evaluation/Other;Layoff,,,/End of Project/Lack of Work/Other;Leave,,,/Medical/Family/Personal;Resignation,,,/Personal/New Job/Moved/School/Pregnancy/No Show/Other;Status To,,,/Full Time/Part Time/Hourly/Salary/Seasonal/On Call/Expempt/NonExempt;Status From,,,/Full Time/Part Time/Hourly/Salary/Seasonal/On Call/Expempt/NonExempt&#34;
    AER1DB.dbGridDisplayFlds= &#34;ClientID,Updated,First Name,Last Name,SSN,Type Change,SC Reviewed,SC Reviewed Date&#34;
    AER1DB.dbGridInc = -1
    AER1DB.dbGridIncMax = 10
    AER1DB.dbFilterFlds= &#34;First Name,Last Name,SSN,Type Change&#34;
    AER1DB.dbButtonsOnOFF= &#34;EditDropOFF&#34;
    AER1DB.dbButtonAnchor=false
    AER1DB.dbFilterParams= &#34;ApplyButtonText=Search,TextBeforeTable=<P align=center><B>User your back button to cancel!</B>&#34;
    AER1DB.ASPdbEP
    %>

Frank Kwong Guest

Problem with dbEditAddROFlds (reply)

Carl,
    The first thing I noticed is the ASPDB.EP... very old version. I thin if you upgrade to the latest versions, it should be OK. Contact your agent (place you purchased ASP-db) and request an upgrade.

FK

------------
    Carl Draves at 4/30/01 1:13:31 PM

I am having trouble getting some fields to be read only on an add page. The code I am using is below. The fields I am trying to make read only are:

AER1DB.dbEditAddROFlds= &#34;0,updated,SC Reviewed,SC Reviewed Date,SC Comments&#34;

0, updated and SC Reviewed come up read only on the page but SC Reviewed Date And SC Comments come up still editable. I have even tried using their field number with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Carl

<%
    AER1DB.dbUnit = 101
    AER1DB.dbSQL = &#34;SELECT * FROM statuschange WHERE ClientID=&#39;&#34; & Session(&#34;myClientID&#34& &#34;&#39; ORDER BY Updated DESC&#34;
    AER1DB.dbEditParams = _
    AER1DB.dbEditFlds = &#34;(;,[]) ClientID[&#34; & Session(&#34;myClientID&#34 & &#34;],Updated[timestamp(mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss)], First Name, Last Name, SSN, Department, Job Title, Type Change, Effective Date, Reason, Reason Other, Layoff, Layoff Other, Leave, Leave Start, Leave End, Resignation, Resignation Other, Involuntary Term,Payroll Effective, Payroll Rate From, Payroll Rate To, Payroll Comments, Status From, Status To, Status Comments, Work Position From, Work Position To,BWC Code From, BWC Code To, Department From, Department To, Department Comments, Family Status From, Family Status To, New Street, New City, New State, New Zip Code, New Telephone, New School District, New Email,SC Reviewed[No],SC Reviewed Date,SC Comments&#34;
    AER1DB.dbEditDropFlds=&#34;Type Change,,,/Payroll/Benefits/Personal;Reason,,,/New Hire/Rehire/Promotion/Demotion/Transfer/Merit Increase/Length of Service/Evaluation/Other;Layoff,,,/End of Project/Lack of Work/Other;Leave,,,/Medical/Family/Personal;Resignation,,,/Personal/New Job/Moved/School/Pregnancy/No Show/Other;Status To,,,/Full Time/Part Time/Hourly/Salary/Seasonal/On Call/Expempt/NonExempt;Status From,,,/Full Time/Part Time/Hourly/Salary/Seasonal/On Call/Expempt/NonExempt&#34;
    AER1DB.dbGridDisplayFlds= &#34;ClientID,Updated,First Name,Last Name,SSN,Type Change,SC Reviewed,SC Reviewed Date&#34;
    AER1DB.dbGridInc = -1
    AER1DB.dbGridIncMax = 10
    AER1DB.dbFilterParams= &#34;ApplyButtonText=Search,TextBeforeTable=<P align=center><B>User your back button to cancel!</B>&#34;
    AER1DB.ASPdbEP
    %>

Carl Draves Guest

Frank,

Today we updated to the most current version. I also went throught the code and droped all of the EP&#39;s. I still am not having any luck with the read only fields.

What next?

Thanks, Carl

------------

Carl

<%
    AER1DB.dbUnit = 101
    AER1DB.dbEditParams = _
    AER1DB.dbGridInc = -1
    AER1DB.dbGridIncMax = 10
    AER1DB.ASPdbEP
    %>

Frank Kwong Guest

1. Unless it is simpl ecode, post code w/o a database will not help.
    2. Either I misunderstood your question or something is not in sync. You said you already install the latest.
    3. I use the Deigner and construct the following in about 30 seconds using Northwind and Order table. Cut and paste the code and adjust the DSN and run it. When you hit Add, you should see OrderID and CusotmerID are both read only. Of course for Add RO, you must have defaults.

See whether that is what you need !

BTW, I did not hit the Add button because the setup might not ne Addable depending on the lookups and table joins etc. But the Add screen has two RO fields.

<%
    Set X= Server.CreateObject(&#34;ASP.DB&#34
    X.dbUnit = 999
    X.dbMode = &#34;Grid&#34;
    X.dbEditAddROFlds = &#34;OrderID, CustomerID, EmployeeID&#34;
    X.dbEditFlds = &#34;(;,[]|~)OrderID[10248||||1~~3~~~~0],CustomerID[TOMSP||||1~~3~~~~0],EmployeeID,OrderDate,RequiredDate,ShippedDate&#34 ;
    X.dbEditParams = &#34;(;,)TableName=Orders, BookMarkFlds=OrderID&#34;
    X.dbEditAddROFlds = &#34;OrderID, CustomerID, EmployeeID&#34;
    X.dbDSN = &#34;DSN=NWIND&#34;
    X.dbNavigationItem = &#34;Top,Prev,Next,Bottom,GridRow,Reload,Edit,Upda te,Delete,Add&#34;
    X.dbSQL = &#34;SELECT OrderID,CustomerID,EmployeeID,OrderDate,RequiredDa te,ShippedDate FROM Orders&#34;
    X.ASPdb
    %>

FK

------------
    Carl Draves at 5/1/01 1:59:39 PM

Frank,

Today we updated to the most current version. I also went throught the code and droped all of the EP&#39;s. I still am not having any luck with the read only fields.

What next?

Thanks, Carl

------------

Carl

<%
    AER1DB.dbUnit = 101
    AER1DB.dbEditParams = _
    AER1DB.dbGridInc = -1
    AER1DB.dbGridIncMax = 10
    AER1DB.ASPdbEP
    %>