Thread: have database: how do I go from search to results?

William Ottley Guest

have database: how do I go from search to results?

Hi, I have a database (mdb) and several webpages, that used to work with an older program called "dbweb". The first page is a search form, which would then slow the results.

so, my question(s) are:
    1. where are the help files on how to use this confusing designer? (I know the program has a help function, but that's confusing)
    2. any examples (pictures) on how to create the search page? and the results page with this designer?

I don't see how I can create 3 lines of code to get my database going, with all these hundreds of choices in designer. (I know how to use odbc, etc, just not in web pages)

any help would be great!!!

William R. Ottley

John Guest

have database: how do I go from search to results? (reply)

Hi William,
    I think you just need to do the following:

1) Go to the Connections screen and choose your DSN (click Build dbDSN), Tables and Fields
    2) Click on the Filter button and define which fields you want on your search screen, and any other options you wish then click dbFilterFlds
    3) If you want to start in "Search" mode, click the Display tab, and in the upper left corner is a "Startup" box of radio buttons. Click the Filter button.

That should do it. Click the "e" preview button and you should go straight to the search screen, after which you'll see your "filtered" database.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    William Ottley at 4/28/01 11:03:12 PM

Hi, I have a database (mdb) and several webpages, that used to work with an older program called "dbweb". The first page is a search form, which would then slow the results.

so, my question(s) are:
    1. where are the help files on how to use this confusing designer? (I know the program has a help function, but that's confusing)
    2. any examples (pictures) on how to create the search page? and the results page with this designer?

I don't see how I can create 3 lines of code to get my database going, with all these hundreds of choices in designer. (I know how to use odbc, etc, just not in web pages)

any help would be great!!!

William R. Ottley