Thread: Automatically poplulating a field and limiting updating ability

Jon Goings Guest

Automatically poplulating a field and limiting updating ability

I have two questions that aren't really related.
    1.) When I enter a userid from one table I need the first name and last name of that person from another table to be automatically inputted into a first name and last name field on my update screen. Is this possible?

2.) I have a QTY field that can be updated, but I need to restrict the user to be able to increase and not decrease the QTY. Is this possible?

Frank Kwong Guest

Automatically poplulating a field and limiting updating ability (reply)

1. Use export to get what you want frm the first module. Mix and match them and construct the properties of the following module.

2. US the validator if you have aGold version. See #8 in the validator example to see how a range is implemented. This is no effort. The difficult wayis to write a JAvascript and get the input value and validate that against a range. You have to write this kind of Js in every case.

FK

------------
    Jon Goings at 4/26/01 5:12:22 PM

1.) When I enter a userid from one table I need the first name and last name of that person from another table to be automatically inputted into a first name and last name field on my update screen. Is this possible?

2.) I have a QTY field that can be updated, but I need to restrict the user to be able to increase and not decrease the QTY. Is this possible?

Bryan Guest

Frank,
    I went out to the validator example (http://24.4.34.33/aspdb/yahoo-demo/validator/default.htm), and entered in a 4 in the #8 field (that should only allow 100 to 500). The 4 turned red, but once I tabbed to the next field, it turned blue again. The submit button also replied that all fields were valid. I also tried entering a large number (like 444444444) with the same results. Just thought you should know....
    Bryan

------------
    Frank Kwong at 4/26/01 11:46:41 PM

1. Use export to get what you want frm the first module. Mix and match them and construct the properties of the following module.

2. US the validator if you have aGold version. See #8 in the validator example to see how a range is implemented. This is no effort. The difficult wayis to write a JAvascript and get the input value and validate that against a range. You have to write this kind of Js in every case.

FK

------------

Frank Kwong Guest

moved to a new server, now load the correct DLL, please try again....
    just go www.aspdb.com, no IP address

FK

------------
    Bryan at 4/27/01 11:48:54 AM

Frank,
    I went out to the validator example (http://24.4.34.33/aspdb/yahoo-demo/validator/default.htm), and entered in a 4 in the #8 field (that should only allow 100 to 500). The 4 turned red, but once I tabbed to the next field, it turned blue again. The submit button also replied that all fields were valid. I also tried entering a large number (like 444444444) with the same results. Just thought you should know....
    Bryan

------------
    Frank Kwong at 4/26/01 11:46:41 PM

FK

------------