Thread: Sorting user defined recordsets

Jason Guest

Sorting user defined recordsets

Has there been any advances in the area of sorting when results are based on user defined recordsets? I've searched the forum and found a couple of messages based on this subject, but they were of little help. Here is my code...

<%
    Set X= Server.CreateObject(&#34;ASP.DB&#34
    X.dbUnit = &#34;999&#34;
    X.dbMode = &#34;Both&#34;
    X.dbDBType = &#34;SQL65&#34;
    X.dbDAT = &#34;server,database&#34;
    X.dbGridColSort = True

X.dbSQL = &#34;SELECT Name,Id,cat,subcat,price,city,state FROM Table WHERE State LIKE &#39;&#34; & ReqState & &#34;&#39;&#34;

X.ASPdb
    %>

After the results are displayed, if I click on a column to sort, I get the following error:

Error: No record found
    SELECT COUNT(*) as c FROM SaleProperty WHERE State LIKE &#39;&#39;

Frank Kwong Guest

Sorting user defined recordsets (reply)

don&#39;t know how you pass the variable to construct the SQL. You have to make that persistent and save it in the session var like ->

req= request.querystring(&#34;reqstate&#34
    if req<>&#34;&#34; then session(&#34;reqState&#34=req

X.dbSQL = &#34;SELECT Name,Id,... FROM Table WHERE State LIKE &#39;&#34; & session(&#34;ReqState&#34 & &#34;&#39;&#34;

print out the SQL and make sure it is valid.

Try also - X.dbOptions=&#34;KeepUserQueryString = true&#34; to make it sticky ! (see doc)

FK

------------
    Jason at 4/23/01 8:26:05 PM

Has there been any advances in the area of sorting when results are based on user defined recordsets? I&#39;ve searched the forum and found a couple of messages based on this subject, but they were of little help. Here is my code...

<%
    X.dbUnit = &#34;999&#34;
    X.dbGridColSort = True

X.dbSQL = &#34;SELECT Name,Id,cat,subcat,price,city,state FROM Table WHERE State LIKE &#39;&#34; & ReqState & &#34;&#39;&#34;

X.ASPdb
    %>

After the results are displayed, if I click on a column to sort, I get the following error:

Jason Guest

Sorting user defined recordsets (reply)

neither of those suggestions worked...

I tried the session variable thing, but it still behaved the same way.
    The X.dbOptions=&#34;KeepUserQueryString = true&#34; suggestion sounded good, but it gave me a type mismatch on the X.ASPdb line.

Help!

Thanks,
    Jason

------------
    Frank Kwong at 4/23/01 11:31:33 PM

don&#39;t know how you pass the variable to construct the SQL. You have to make that persistent and save it in the session var like ->

req= request.querystring(&#34;reqstate&#34
    if req<>&#34;&#34; then session(&#34;reqState&#34=req

X.dbSQL = &#34;SELECT Name,Id,... FROM Table WHERE State LIKE &#39;&#34; & session(&#34;ReqState&#34 & &#34;&#39;&#34;

print out the SQL and make sure it is valid.

Try also - X.dbOptions=&#34;KeepUserQueryString = true&#34; to make it sticky ! (see doc)

FK

------------
    Jason at 4/23/01 8:26:05 PM

Has there been any advances in the area of sorting when results are based on user defined recordsets? I&#39;ve searched the forum and found a couple of messages based on this subject, but they were of little help. Here is my code...

<%
    X.dbUnit = &#34;999&#34;
    X.dbGridColSort = True

X.ASPdb
    %>