Thread: Problem getting test asp file to run after installation

Joseph Ayoub Guest

Problem getting test asp file to run after installation

Hello,

I am trying to install your component (PRO) to demonstrate its usefullness to my company. I'm not sure but I think you installation
    instructions may be a bit vague.

I have out lined my problem below:

Operating system: Winnt 4.0
    Web Server: Personal Web Server 4.0

1. I ran the "ASPdb2001-Eval-Install.exe" file and installed all files into the "c:inetpubwwwrootaspdb" folder.

2. I then created a virual directory in PWS 4.0 called aspdb of "c:inetpubwwwrootaspdb" and gave it "read/execute/scripts" access.

3. I then moved the file "ASPDB2001-EVAL.DLL" into the "c:winntsystem32" folder.

4. I then registered the file "ASPDB2001-EVAL.DLL" in Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS).

5. I then copied the following files: "asp-test.asp, asp-test-pro.asp, basic1.asp, basic2.asp, datatypes.asp, JustASP.asp, PureASP.asp, smartdb.asp" to the "c:inetpubwwwrootaspdb" folder (ie. the one that has "read/execute/scripts" access).

6. In order to test the installation I tried to run the file "http://localhost/aspdb/asp-test-pro.asp" but got the following error:

Welcome to the ASP-db™ PRO Test Page.

NOTE: You MUST have the ASP-dbPro™ version to display this page.
    It will not function properly with ASP-dbView™.
    Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
    Server.CreateObject Failed
    /aspdb/asp-test-pro.asp, line 14
    Invalid class string

In fact, trying to run every test asp file returned a similar error.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME TO GET THIS TO WORK?

Mark Guest

Problem getting test asp file to run after installation (reply)

Joseph,

I think you are just trying to run the wrong test program.
    Try asp-test.asp, NOT asp-test-pro.asp.

The dll that you installed is the new "Universal" dll and does not use:
    server.createobject("aspdb.pro&#34.
    Instead it uses:
    server.createobject("asp.db&#34.

Let us know if that helps.
    You can also refer to "Getting Started" at:
    http://www.mmstools.com/gettingstarted.shtm

Mark.

------------
    Joseph Ayoub at 4/4/01 4:44:51 PM

Hello,

I am trying to install your component (PRO) to demonstrate its usefullness to my company. I'm not sure but I think you installation

1. I ran the "ASPdb2001-Eval-Install.exe" file and installed all files into the "c:inetpubwwwrootaspdb" folder.

2. I then created a virual directory in PWS 4.0 called aspdb of "c:inetpubwwwrootaspdb" and gave it "read/execute/scripts" access.

3. I then moved the file "ASPDB2001-EVAL.DLL" into the "c:winntsystem32" folder.

4. I then registered the file "ASPDB2001-EVAL.DLL" in Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS).

5. I then copied the following files: "asp-test.asp, asp-test-pro.asp, basic1.asp, basic2.asp, datatypes.asp, JustASP.asp, PureASP.asp, smartdb.asp" to the "c:inetpubwwwrootaspdb" folder (ie. the one that has "read/execute/scripts" access).

6. In order to test the installation I tried to run the file "http://localhost/aspdb/asp-test-pro.asp" but got the following error:

Invalid class string

Frank Kwong Guest

You got some very old stuff there ... try to go www.aspdb.org and download the real stuff. Where did you get this eval files ?

------------

Hello,

Invalid class string

John Guest

User emailed in and was using a test program he received a year ago with the current version of the code! He apologized and is all set now.

JC

------------
    Frank Kwong at 4/4/01 10:58:13 PM

You got some very old stuff there ... try to go www.aspdb.org and download the real stuff. Where did you get this eval files ?

------------

Hello,

Invalid class string