Thread: NavGoToFldIndex problem - numeric fields

Nancy Steinmann Guest

NavGoToFldIndex problem - numeric fields

I am using UNO3616 version on a grid where the Bookmark field is a numeric (Oracle database). It is
    the first field in my SQL string. Under Options, I set the NavGoToFldIndex to field 0 (the numeric field).
    Am getting unpredictable results; goto goes to wrong record (I think last record in recordset).

In the manual, you state that a user can use this button to go to a partial name (SM) or a record number.
    Does this mean that if the user types in a numeric (like my field value), that ASPdb is thinking it is supposed
    to go to that record number instead of that value?

How can I fix this? (BTW, and upgrade to a newer version is not a solution to me, because I cannot
    upgrade to the new 022101 version of ASPdb until the problems with Oracle and
    field lengths are fixed.)

Thanks
    Nancy

Frank Kwong Guest

NavGoToFldIndex problem - numeric fields (reply)

The syntax is -> +Page %Prefix and =Index. Goto your designer and checkout the help doc in the designer section or go to -> www.aspdb.org/doc/designer/Designer-Options.htm

FK

------------
    Nancy Steinmann at 3/23/01 2:39:54 PM

I am using UNO3616 version on a grid where the Bookmark field is a numeric (Oracle database). It is
    the first field in my SQL string. Under Options, I set the NavGoToFldIndex to field 0 (the numeric field).
    Am getting unpredictable results; goto goes to wrong record (I think last record in recordset).

In the manual, you state that a user can use this button to go to a partial name (SM) or a record number.
    Does this mean that if the user types in a numeric (like my field value), that ASPdb is thinking it is supposed

How can I fix this? (BTW, and upgrade to a newer version is not a solution to me, because I cannot

Thanks
    Nancy

Mark Guest

Hi Nancy,

It looks like you are correct. NavGotoFldIndex doesn't work with numeric fields. When you enter a number, ASP-db thinks you want to go to that record number and ignores the contents of your numeric field.

We have a work-around that I can show you. It requires creating a dummy field in your SQL statement that converts the numeric field to text, then you can search for (goto) that text string. Look at Example APP-18 at our Examples site: http://www.mmsTools.com/EP/

I hope that helps.

Mark.

------------
    Frank Kwong at 3/24/01 11:28:30 AM

The syntax is -> +Page %Prefix and =Index. Goto your designer and checkout the help doc in the designer section or go to -> www.aspdb.org/doc/designer/Designer-Options.htm

FK

------------

Thanks
    Nancy

Nancy Steinmann Guest

Thanks. Entering %123 takes me to key 123. Works great now.
    Nancy

------------
    Frank Kwong at 3/24/01 11:28:30 AM

FK

------------

Thanks
    Nancy