Thread: Try Again- Cursor Placement

Dave Guest

Try Again- Cursor Placement

How do you default your cursor to be in a certain field when you go to the 'filter' or the 'update' screens? I have some anal users that can't move their mouse to a field and click.

On another issue.

I have a dual-horiz screen built that works fine. However, when you click on a record to see the associated information the screen always shifts to the bottom of the page. Is there any way to default it to always come back to the top of the page?

Thanks for your help.

John Guest

Try Again- Cursor Placement (reply)

Hi Dave,

The only way to get your cursor to default to a certain field is to use JavaScript. For example in your <BODY> add an &#34;onload=mycursor()&#34; to it and create a JS function that positions the cursor on the field you wish.

As far as the screen scrolling after a click, the default behavior is to have it scroll to &#34;show&#34; the grid/form. This is necessary when the grid/form is &#34;down the page&#34; a ways. However, there are times when you don&#39;t want that behavior. No problem! To disable it, simply set obj.dbButtonAnchor = false.

That should do the trick!

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Dave at 3/19/01 5:07:36 PM

How do you default your cursor to be in a certain field when you go to the &#39;filter&#39; or the &#39;update&#39; screens? I have some anal users that can&#39;t move their mouse to a field and click.

On another issue.

I have a dual-horiz screen built that works fine. However, when you click on a record to see the associated information the screen always shifts to the bottom of the page. Is there any way to default it to always come back to the top of the page?

Thanks for your help.

Frank Kwong Guest

Try the following code ->

<HTML>
    <BODY onLoad=f1.fld1.focus()>
    <FORM id=f1 name=f1>
    <INPUT id=fld0 name=fld0>
    <INPUT id=fld1 name=fld1>
    <INPUT id=fld2 name=fld2>
    <INPUT id=fld3 name=fld3>
    </FORM>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

------------
    John at 3/20/01 11:38:09 PM

Hi Dave,

The only way to get your cursor to default to a certain field is to use JavaScript. For example in your <BODY> add an &#34;onload=mycursor()&#34; to it and create a JS function that positions the cursor on the field you wish.

As far as the screen scrolling after a click, the default behavior is to have it scroll to &#34;show&#34; the grid/form. This is necessary when the grid/form is &#34;down the page&#34; a ways. However, there are times when you don&#39;t want that behavior. No problem! To disable it, simply set obj.dbButtonAnchor = false.

That should do the trick!

Thanks,
    John

------------

How do you default your cursor to be in a certain field when you go to the &#39;filter&#39; or the &#39;update&#39; screens? I have some anal users that can&#39;t move their mouse to a field and click.

On another issue.

Thanks for your help.

Frank Kwong Guest

I looked into this interesting situation and found that I left out the BodyTag option in dbOptions but I covered that in the Designer. I also found that it is very easy to implement a separate <BODY...> statement in various screens instead of a single choice. I did a patch and seems to work fine. It&#39;ll also be included in the next release of the DLL and Designer. Sample ->

dbOptions=&#34;BodyTag=Filter:nLoad=f1.fld1.focus()~ Grid::BGColor=Green~ Form::BGCOlor=Yellow&#34;

This option will cover Filter, Grid, Form, Update and Add

FK

------------

On another issue.

Thanks for your help.