Thread: adding a new record when one dose not exist in DB

Stuart Paice Guest

adding a new record when one dose not exist in DB

Background
    We are running an issues database when a new issue is entered there can be a forum for each issue. i created a magic cell to link to each individual forum from the overall issue.

We are using ASP-Db Pro

Problem
    when a new issue is created and then you use the link to the forum there has been no posting so a blank page is returned. HOW can i create an 'add new' button on this blank screen so the first entry is created.

Thank you for your time

Stuart

Mickey Williams Guest

adding a new record when one dose not exist in DB (reply)

Check out the dbTestBlankSQL command. It allows you to pop into add mode if there are no records in the table or if your query produces no records.

Good Luck!

------------
    Stuart Paice at 3/14/01 7:33:12 PM

Background
    We are running an issues database when a new issue is entered there can be a forum for each issue. i created a magic cell to link to each individual forum from the overall issue.

We are using ASP-Db Pro

Problem
    when a new issue is created and then you use the link to the forum there has been no posting so a blank page is returned. HOW can i create an 'add new' button on this blank screen so the first entry is created.

Thank you for your time

Stuart

adding a new record when one dose not exist in DB (reply)

thanks that worked a treat

i must of over looked that in the documentation

again thanks

------------
    Mickey Williams at 3/15/01 4:37:18 PM

Check out the dbTestBlankSQL command. It allows you to pop into add mode if there are no records in the table or if your query produces no records.

Good Luck!

------------
    Stuart Paice at 3/14/01 7:33:12 PM

Background

We are using ASP-Db Pro

Problem

Thank you for your time

Stuart