Thread: SQL70 MMC1.1 and ASPDB

Bruce Troutman Guest

SQL70 MMC1.1 and ASPDB

Hi,

I have been running ASPdb Enterprise Dual Processor on a NT 4.0 SP 4 with IIS 4.0, MMC 1.0 and SQL server 6.5 with great success. Then I installed SQL Server 7.0 which installs MMC 1.1. The ASPdb stopped working with the create Object failed error. I deleted the ASPdb dll from MTS and re-installed it with no luck. I deleted again from MTS and registered with regsvr32 and it worked. I then re-install via MTS and it failed again.

So in my case the only way to use ASPdb is without MTS. Am I doing something wrong? I really want to use MTS.

B

Mark Guest

SQL70 MMC1.1 and ASPDB (reply)

Bruce,

Maybe no one is logged onto the server (?)

See Tech Tip #1 at:
    http://www.aspdb.com/techtips/techtips.htm

Mark.

------------
    Bruce Troutman at 3/13/00 9:27:38 AM

Hi,

I have been running ASPdb Enterprise Dual Processor on a NT 4.0 SP 4 with IIS 4.0, MMC 1.0 and SQL server 6.5 with great success. Then I installed SQL Server 7.0 which installs MMC 1.1. The ASPdb stopped working with the create Object failed error. I deleted the ASPdb dll from MTS and re-installed it with no luck. I deleted again from MTS and registered with regsvr32 and it worked. I then re-install via MTS and it failed again.

So in my case the only way to use ASPdb is without MTS. Am I doing something wrong? I really want to use MTS.

B

Frank Guest

SQL70 MMC1.1 and ASPDB (reply)

Bruce,
    First check whether your EP version is the latest which supports apartment threading and MTS. If not, then get the latest and try it. I have been using ASP-db with SQL 7 enterprise/desktop with NT and W2000 for a long while and have no problem at all. Let me know how it goes.

FK

------------
    Mark at 3/13/00 9:31:05 AM

Bruce,

Maybe no one is logged onto the server (?)

See Tech Tip #1 at:
    http://www.aspdb.com/techtips/techtips.htm

Mark.

------------
    Bruce Troutman at 3/13/00 9:27:38 AM

Hi,

B