Thread: Can you Force aspdbView to be in GRID mode when form [SUBMIT] key hit?

Greg Huddleston Guest

Can you Force aspdbView to be in GRID mode when form [SUBMIT] key hit?

Hi again to the group...

Can you Force the aspdbView component to GRID mode when an HTML form [SUBMIT] key has been hit?

I want to be able for the users of my application to view the data in grid & form modes... however, I want the view to always start in GRID mode...

Looked through the programming examples & didnt see anything that spoke to this issue.

TIA for any help Greg.Huddleston@socalpru.com

Frank Guest

Can you Force aspdbView to be in GRID mode when form [SUBMIT] key hit? (reply)

try to set the following 2 session variables to "grid" and see what happens -

session("mode_Unit&#34 = "grid"
    session("gridform_Unit&#34 = "grid"

fill in the appropriate unit number.

FK

------------
    Greg Huddleston at 3/12/00 4:17:54 PM

Hi again to the group...

Can you Force the aspdbView component to GRID mode when an HTML form [SUBMIT] key has been hit?

I want to be able for the users of my application to view the data in grid & form modes... however, I want the view to always start in GRID mode...

Looked through the programming examples & didnt see anything that spoke to this issue.

greg huddleston Guest

Hi....
    Unfortunately, this didnt work (didnt seem to have any effect whatsoever)
    Cheers
    Greg.Huddleston@socalpru.com

------------
    Frank at 3/12/00 4:29:13 PM

try to set the following 2 session variables to "grid" and see what happens -

session("mode_Unit&#34 = "grid"
    session("gridform_Unit&#34 = "grid"

fill in the appropriate unit number.

FK

------------

Hi again to the group...

John Guest

Hi Greg,

By setting the dbMode property, you can control grid/form/dual modes. You
    say that an HTML form SUBMIT key has been hit. Who's form? ASP-db's or
    one of yours?

If it's one of yours, then dbmode=grid, dual, dual-horiz, or both will always
    start in grid mode. If the user drills down into form mode then they can
    press the "GRID" button to switch back.

This help?

Thanks,
    John

------------

Hi again to the group...