Thread: Y2K limitation

Robin Lilly Guest

Y2K limitation

Frank,

The problem I have been having with the Y2k version and templates is that if you attempt any forms with complexity you are not able to do it.

An example may be say you want to display part of a form dependent on some field condtion that is returned from your recordset.

Example in ASP would be something like
    <%
    if (OptTotals) then
    %>
    Total = <%=Session(&#34;Total&#34
    end if
    %>
    ==============
    Now the NonEmpty condition wouldn&#39;t satisfy this because you need some form of testing varying condtions. Also the NonEmpty condition doesn&#39;t allow you to embed fields in the condtion.

I have had at least 3 forms already where we cannot build it using the templates because of condtion checking.

It would be very useful to allow includes in the templates. This could help solve some of the above problems.

Robin

Frank Guest

Y2K limitation (reply)

Robin,

1. File Include is supported (like <!-- #include File=&#34;/CSUP.Inc&#34; -->). Virtual is not yet supported.

2. For now, field/SVar are scanned for blank, null and empty. True/false detection can be added. Is that what your example is referring to ?

3. Remember that template is HTML based and not ASP based.

FK

------------
    Robin Lilly at 3/10/00 4:50:24 AM

Frank,

The problem I have been having with the Y2k version and templates is that if you attempt any forms with complexity you are not able to do it.

An example may be say you want to display part of a form dependent on some field condtion that is returned from your recordset.

<%
    if (OptTotals) then
    %>
    end if
    %>
    ==============
    Now the NonEmpty condition wouldn&#39;t satisfy this because you need some form of testing varying condtions. Also the NonEmpty condition doesn&#39;t allow you to embed fields in the condtion.

I have had at least 3 forms already where we cannot build it using the templates because of condtion checking.

It would be very useful to allow includes in the templates. This could help solve some of the above problems.

Robin

Frank Guest

Y2K limitation (reply)

Robin,

1. File Include is supported (like <!-- #include File=&#34;/CSUP.Inc&#34; -->). Virtual is not yet supported.

2. For now, field/SVar are scanned for blank, null and empty. True/false detection can be added. Is that what your example is referring to ?

3. Remember that template is HTML based and not ASP based.

FK

------------

Frank,

<%
    if (OptTotals) then
    %>
    end if
    %>
    ==============

Robin

Y2K limitation (reply)

------------

Frank,

<%
    if (OptTotals) then
    %>
    end if
    %>
    ==============

Robin