Thread: Passing mulitple values via MagicCell

Tim Davidge Guest

Passing mulitple values via MagicCell

Mark, thanks for the last response. All is well.

Now I'm trying to pass multiple values via URL through to a second page using magicell. I can get it to work using two values, but as soon as I add the third it doesn't work. Is there a limit to how many variables can be passed in this regard ? The following is an example of what I am using:

mcell = &#34;Months, Align=center,<A HREF= asp_rules_confidence.asp?Months=#1#&Mini=&#34; & Min & &#34;&Maxi=&#34; & Max & &#34;><FONT COLOR=green><B>#1#</B></FONT></A>;&#34;

x.dbMagicCell = mcell

This is all one line and uses variables Min and Max declared under pevious session parameters passing onwards as mini and maxi respectively from an input form that are required to be passed to a third page.

I then use three variables on the thrid page:

Months = field 1 output
    Mini = variable declared [works just fine]
    Maxi = variable from same page [fails to identify in URL when mouse over]

Any clues where I am going wrong ?

Regards,

Tim.D

Mark Guest

Passing mulitple values via MagicCell (reply)

Tim,
    There is not a limit. Must be your code. When you mouse-over do you see then MAXI= and then just blank after that, or don&#39;t you even see the MAXI= ??
    Is it possible that the var MAX is blank?
    What if you just (temporarily) hard-code Max=&#34;123&#34; just before the mcell statement. See what that leads to ...
    Does the contents of the Max variable contain any commas, by chance?
    Let me know.
    Mark.

------------
    Tim Davidge at 3/5/01 10:13:30 PM

Now I&#39;m trying to pass multiple values via URL through to a second page using magicell. I can get it to work using two values, but as soon as I add the third it doesn&#39;t work. Is there a limit to how many variables can be passed in this regard ? The following is an example of what I am using:

mcell = &#34;Months, Align=center,<A HREF= asp_rules_confidence.asp?Months=#1#&Mini=&#34; & Min & &#34;&Maxi=&#34; & Max & &#34;><FONT COLOR=green><B>#1#</B></FONT></A>;&#34;

x.dbMagicCell = mcell

This is all one line and uses variables Min and Max declared under pevious session parameters passing onwards as mini and maxi respectively from an input form that are required to be passed to a third page.

Months = field 1 output

Regards,

Tim.D

Tim Davidge Guest

Mark, up late huh ? .. heh

I&#39;m not seeing the Maxi= value in the mouse over URL at all. I get the first two no problem but it fails to show me maxi. I can tell I&#39;m not receiving it by declaring the request and session variables on the results page. No comma&#39;s I&#39;m afraid, decimals however. The values are simply ranges containing values passed from an input select form on the first page [ie: min=95.00 max=99.00] They are correctly defined and are working fine on the second page and used as high low values in a count SQL query. I need to then pass them on to display the actual detailed results on the third page when a range is selected. They do contain the full decimal [ie: 96.00]

I don&#39;t quite understand the hard coding requirement ?

Tim

------------
    Mark at 3/5/01 10:27:49 PM

Tim,
    There is not a limit. Must be your code. When you mouse-over do you see then MAXI= and then just blank after that, or don&#39;t you even see the MAXI= ??
    What if you just (temporarily) hard-code Max=&#34;123&#34; just before the mcell statement. See what that leads to ...
    Let me know.
    Mark.

------------

Now I&#39;m trying to pass multiple values via URL through to a second page using magicell. I can get it to work using two values, but as soon as I add the third it doesn&#39;t work. Is there a limit to how many variables can be passed in this regard ? The following is an example of what I am using:

x.dbMagicCell = mcell

Months = field 1 output

Regards,

Tim.D

Mark,

I hard coded maxi=&#34;123&#34; in place of maxi=&#34; & Max & &#34; but the syntax failed in the browser, so coded max=123 and it passed the browser but failed again to display in the resulting mouse over.

------------
    Tim Davidge at 3/5/01 10:36:57 PM

I&#39;m not seeing the Maxi= value in the mouse over URL at all. I get the first two no problem but it fails to show me maxi. I can tell I&#39;m not receiving it by declaring the request and session variables on the results page. No comma&#39;s I&#39;m afraid, decimals however. The values are simply ranges containing values passed from an input select form on the first page [ie: min=95.00 max=99.00] They are correctly defined and are working fine on the second page and used as high low values in a count SQL query. I need to then pass them on to display the actual detailed results on the third page when a range is selected. They do contain the full decimal [ie: 96.00]

Tim

------------

Tim,
    Let me know.
    Mark.

------------

x.dbMagicCell = mcell

Months = field 1 output

Regards,

Tim.D

Tim Guest

Mark,

I further tested the syntax by taking off the maxi variable and reversing the order to read [...?mini=&#34; & Min & &#34;&Months=#1#>] Interestingly enough I then lose the months from the mouse over URL so it appears it is something to do with joining a variable such as &#34; & Min & &#34; with another & between them. Any idea how I now get around this ?

------------
    at 3/5/01 10:44:06 PM

Mark,

I hard coded maxi=&#34;123&#34; in place of maxi=&#34; & Max & &#34; but the syntax failed in the browser, so coded max=123 and it passed the browser but failed again to display in the resulting mouse over.

------------

Tim

------------

Tim,
    Let me know.
    Mark.

------------

x.dbMagicCell = mcell

Months = field 1 output

Regards,

Tim.D

------------
    Tim at 3/5/01 11:17:17 PM

Mark,

I further tested the syntax by taking off the maxi variable and reversing the order to read [...?mini=&#34; & Min & &#34;&Months=#1#>] Interestingly enough I then lose the months from the mouse over URL so it appears it is something to do with joining a variable such as &#34; & Min & &#34; with another & between them. Any idea how I now get around this ?

------------

Mark,

------------

Tim

------------

Tim,
    Let me know.
    Mark.

------------

x.dbMagicCell = mcell

Months = field 1 output

Regards,

Tim.D

Mark Guest

Tim,
    Maybe MIN is some kind of reserved word. Change it to MINI.
    Mark.

------------

Mark,

------------

Mark,

------------

Tim

------------

Tim,
    Let me know.
    Mark.

------------

x.dbMagicCell = mcell

Months = field 1 output

Regards,

Tim.D

Mark,

Still doesn&#39;t work, I changed it to three different values and it still will not recognize any value following the valiable &#34; & ??? & &#34;

So in summary I cannot join two declared variables with the quotes &#34;& seems we may have a bug here ? otherwise any other ideas ?

------------
    Mark at 3/5/01 11:32:01 PM

Tim,
    Mark.

------------

Mark,

------------

Mark,

------------

Tim

------------

Tim,
    Let me know.
    Mark.

------------

x.dbMagicCell = mcell

Months = field 1 output

Regards,

Tim.D

Tim Guest

Mark,

Problem solved finally. It was to do with the decimal place string when declaring multiple values in the select box. I had to adjust the decimal character from 6 to 5 for both declarations and set the value differnetly in the select box. Code :

Input Select Box:
    <Option Value=&#34;90.00 99.00&#34;>90.00% through 99.00%</Option>

*.asp file:
    If( Session( &#34;Range&#34; ) <> &#34;100.00&#34; ) then
    Min = Left( Session( &#34;Range&#34; ), 5 )
    Max = Right( Session( &#34;Range&#34; ), 5 )

Sorry for the trouble.

Sheepishly .. Tim

------------
    at 3/5/01 11:48:42 PM

Mark,

Still doesn&#39;t work, I changed it to three different values and it still will not recognize any value following the valiable &#34; & ??? & &#34;

So in summary I cannot join two declared variables with the quotes &#34;& seems we may have a bug here ? otherwise any other ideas ?

------------
    Mark at 3/5/01 11:32:01 PM

Tim,
    Mark.

------------

Mark,

------------

Mark,

------------

Tim

------------

Tim,
    Let me know.
    Mark.

------------

x.dbMagicCell = mcell

Months = field 1 output

Regards,

Tim.D