Thread: Not specified

Dave Wright Guest

Not specified

I have an evaluation version, that should allow me to do some Pro and Enterprise operations (such as dbeditparams) but I get Pro version required messages when I try to display. if I remove dbedtparams it works What's wrong? I use win2000.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Mark Guest

Not specified (reply)

Hi Dave,

It sounds like maybe you didn't save the aspdb.id file in your system32 folder. If you're still having problems, I would be glad to discuss this with you. What version of ASP-db do you have?
    Response.write(mydb.dbVersion)

Thanks.
    Mark.

------------
    Dave Wright at 3/5/01 7:22:59 PM

I have an evaluation version, that should allow me to do some Pro and Enterprise operations (such as dbeditparams) but I get Pro version required messages when I try to display. if I remove dbedtparams it works What's wrong? I use win2000.
    Thanks,
    Dave

Dave Wright Guest

Not specified (reply)

I had a version which required the aspdb.id file in system32. That version began to have the Pro version required message. I checked everything, reinstalled everything, but same result. So, I downloaded the latest, then removed the old, then installed the new. That version is (ASP-db Version: ASPDB2001.02.21.SP3.ADO21.MTS.Std
    ASP-db License: ASPdb(tm) (C)1998-2001 by USIntertech Inc. - Free Version)

I still get the same Pro version required message.

What works in the default.htm page is smartdb.asp, justasp.asp, but ASP-test.asp comes up with the same message.

Dave
    ------------
    Mark at 3/5/01 7:27:26 PM

Hi Dave,

It sounds like maybe you didn't save the aspdb.id file in your system32 folder. If you're still having problems, I would be glad to discuss this with you. What version of ASP-db do you have?
    Response.write(mydb.dbVersion)

Thanks.
    Mark.

------------

Thanks,
    Dave

Dave Wright Guest

Bad file name or number - ASP error '800a0034' under Win98

I must add that I have a dual boot machine, and when I began to get the Pro-version required message under win2000 I began to get 'Bad file name or number - ASP error '800a0034' under Win98. I have a strong feeling that this began to occur after windows updates of somekind. I try to keep my OS's up with the latest fixes. Thanks,
    Dave

------------

Thanks,
    Dave

Dave Wright Guest

This is what I get with ASP-test.asp

Welcome to the ASP-db™ Test Page.
    ASP-db Version: ASPDB2001.02.21.SP3.ADO21.MTS.Std
    ASP-db License: ASPdb(tm) (C)1998-2001 by USIntertech Inc. - Free Version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced version of ASP-db required - Pro Version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact ASP-db Sales at (248) 350-9177 (USA) to order your copy today!
    email: sales@aspdb.com

Dave

------------

Thanks,
    Dave

Dave Wright Guest

PureAsp.asp errors

USING Smartdb.asp and system dsn nwind I get no errors.

The Following is the PureASP.asp error that I get:

The page cannot be displayed
    There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the localhost home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
    Provider (0x80004005)
    Unspecified error
    /aspdb/PureASP.asp, line 45

Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)

Page:
    GET /aspdb/PureASP.asp

Time:
    Tuesday, March 06, 2001, 10:41:54 AM

More information:
    Microsoft Support

PureAsp.asp WORKS NOW

PureASP.db works now. I installed vbbasic6 runtime sp4. Don't know if that mad the difference or not.