Thread: dbDisplayLookUpList not working with Delete

Ted Moore Guest

dbDisplayLookUpList not working with Delete

Dear Forum,

I am having a problem with the dbDisplayLookupList property not working on the delete screen. I am using the DeleteIcon=true in dbEditParams to open the delete screen. The lookup works fine on the EditUpdate and EditAdd screens. I am using ASPdb EP and an Access ODBC.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance - Ted

John Guest

dbDisplayLookUpList not working with Delete (reply)

Hi Ted,

Here's my test program for lookup in editing. Works fine on my machine with my dll. Uses Nwind. Try it on yours. If it works there, then modify your code to make it work similarly.

Thanks,
    John

<%
    &#39;Just hit update/delete and you&#39;ll see the XRef lookup.
    Set X = Server.CreateObject(&#34;Asp.DB&#34
    X.dbUnit = 1
    X.dbMode=&#34;grid&#34;
    X.dbDSN = &#34;NWIND&#34;
    X.dbSQL = &#34;SELECT EmployeeID,LastName,FirstName,Title,ReportsTo from Employees Order By EmployeeID&#34;
    X.dbDisplayLookUpList =&#34;(;|)ReportsTo||SELECT EmployeeID, FirstName & &#39; &#39; & Lastname as Name FROM Employees&#34;
    X.dbFilterDropFlds =&#34;(;|)ReportsTo||||SELECT EmployeeID, FirstName & &#39; &#39; & Lastname as Name FROM Employees ORDER BY FirstName&#34;
    X.dbEditDropFlds =&#34;(;|)ReportsTo||||SELECT EmployeeID, FirstName & &#39; &#39; & Lastname as Name FROM Employees&#34;
    X.dbEditLookUpXRef = &#34;4,4&#34;
    X.dbEditUpdateROFlds=&#34;0&#34;
    X.dbEditAddROFlds=&#34;0&#34;
    X.dbEditFlds=&#34;0,1,2,3,4&#34;
    X.dbEditParams=&#34;TableName=employees, BookMarkFlds=0&#34;
    X.dbNavigationItem=&#34;top,bottom,prev,next,reloa d,filter,update,delete,Add&#34;
    X.ASPdb
    %>

------------
    Ted Moore at 3/12/2002 5:56:42 PM

Dear Forum,

I am having a problem with the dbDisplayLookupList property not working on the delete screen. I am using the DeleteIcon=true in dbEditParams to open the delete screen. The lookup works fine on the EditUpdate and EditAdd screens. I am using ASPdb EP and an Access ODBC.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance - Ted