Thread: DTS & SQL Client tools versions

Phil McCormack Guest

DTS & SQL Client tools versions

Does anyone know of problems when using SQL7 Server and SQL2000 Client tools when editing and saving DTS Packages ?

My SQL 7 Server doesn't seem to recognise the DTS Package if saved from SQL 2000 Client tools, but works happily with packages saved from SQL7.

Can anyone clarify ?

Ray Miao Guest

DTS & SQL Client tools versions (reply)

I don't have problem.

------------
    Phil McCormack at 3/14/01 6:01:29 AM

Does anyone know of problems when using SQL7 Server and SQL2000 Client tools when editing and saving DTS Packages ?

My SQL 7 Server doesn't seem to recognise the DTS Package if saved from SQL 2000 Client tools, but works happily with packages saved from SQL7.

Can anyone clarify ?

phil_mccormack Guest

DTS & SQL Client tools versions (reply)

I have a DTS Package which contains a SQL connection and a sql task (exec sp_who2). When I run the package on my PC it works, when I run the package via SQL Agent it comes back with :-

DTSRun: Loading... Error: -2147287038 (80030002); Provider Error: 0 (0) Error string: The system cannot find the file specified. Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services (DTS) Package Help file: sqldts.hlp Help context: 713. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

I am not using any files. The DTS Package is called PMC_Test

Here is the dtsrun syntax from the SQL Agent job.

DTSRun /S "APP003" /N "PMC_Test" /E

------------
    Phil McCormack at 3/14/01 6:01:29 AM

Can anyone clarify ?