Thread: Crashing Server - Emergency!!!!!

Rob Guest

Crashing Server - Emergency!!!!!

Please direct me to detailed causes of SQL server crashing after a 17805 Invalid Buffer Received From Client. Our production server goes down, following this msg.
    We applied service pack 5a, and it is still crashing. It crashes using either NAMED PIPES or TCP/IP protocol (via ODBC) The driver versions are older, ODBC 3.0 and SQL Server 2.65, respectively.
    I need some direction on this. I'm leaning towards the possibility that this is an application problem.
    Any help, any configuration setting changes, upgrades, workarounds, will be accepted. Thank you much!

Ray Miao Guest

Crashing Server - Emergency!!!!! (reply)

Upgrade client and odbc. If still have problem, you should call Microsoft.

------------
    Rob at 3/22/00 9:21:14 AM

Please direct me to detailed causes of SQL server crashing after a 17805 Invalid Buffer Received From Client. Our production server goes down, following this msg.
    We applied service pack 5a, and it is still crashing. It crashes using either NAMED PIPES or TCP/IP protocol (via ODBC) The driver versions are older, ODBC 3.0 and SQL Server 2.65, respectively.
    I need some direction on this. I'm leaning towards the possibility that this is an application problem.
    Any help, any configuration setting changes, upgrades, workarounds, will be accepted. Thank you much!