Thread: dbcc checks failing

jeanne Guest

dbcc checks failing

Run nightly DBCC checks I am getting a failed error. Here is what the Main report Logs. Any idea on what could be causing this and how to fix it. I don't think having users connected is the issue here. I have successfull DBCC checks with user connections, Help. Thanks
    [1] Check Data Linkage...

** Execution Time: 0 hrs, 3 mins, 3 secs **

[2] Check Data Allocation...
    WARNING: Database Main is currently being used by 2 user(s).
    This may cause spurious problems to be reported.

The following errors were found:

Allocation Discrepancy: Page is allocated but not linked; check the following pages and ids: allocation pg#=390656 extent id=390736 logical pg#=390736 object id on extent=8 (object name = syslogs) indid on extent=0

Allocation Discrepancy: Page is allocated but not linked; check the following pages and ids: allocation pg#=390656 extent id=390736 logical pg#=390737 object id on extent=8 (object name = syslogs) indid on extent=0

Allocation Discrepancy: Page is allocated but not linked; check the following pages and ids: allocation pg#=390656 extent id=390736 logical pg#=390738 object id on extent=8 (object name = syslogs) indid on extent=0
    ** Execution Time: 0 hrs, 3 mins, 24 secs **

[3] Check Text/Image Data Allocation...

** Execution Time: 0 hrs, 1 mins, 35 secs **

End of maintenance for database 'Main' on Wed Mar 22 22:08:06 2000

SQLMAINT.EXE Process Exit Code: 1 (Failed)

Craig Guest

dbcc checks failing (reply)

Since the object is syslogs, these are pages being reported in-flight. Looks like you are using Sqlmaint, he will return failed for any messages.

Your output below is from newalloc. I would not worry about it. If they are 2540's on syslogs, I ignore the message. You can take a dump of the database, restore it somewhere, and run newalloc in single-user mode if you want to confirm you are ok.

------------
    jeanne at 3/23/00 11:31:13 AM

Run nightly DBCC checks I am getting a failed error. Here is what the Main report Logs. Any idea on what could be causing this and how to fix it. I don't think having users connected is the issue here. I have successfull DBCC checks with user connections, Help. Thanks

Allocation Discrepancy: Page is allocated but not linked; check the following pages and ids: allocation pg#=390656 extent id=390736 logical pg#=390736 object id on extent=8 (object name = syslogs) indid on extent=0

Allocation Discrepancy: Page is allocated but not linked; check the following pages and ids: allocation pg#=390656 extent id=390736 logical pg#=390737 object id on extent=8 (object name = syslogs) indid on extent=0

Allocation Discrepancy: Page is allocated but not linked; check the following pages and ids: allocation pg#=390656 extent id=390736 logical pg#=390738 object id on extent=8 (object name = syslogs) indid on extent=0

jeanne Guest

Cool Thanks Craig. I did an object transfer and checked and all was well.

------------

RamaKrishna Seelam Guest

A few errors of 'Allocation Discrepancy'(that too in syslogs) is not at all serious.If you get this on user tables, it means a few pages are being wasted.

Hope this helps.
    regards,
    Ramakrishna Seelam.

------------

RamaKrishna Seelam Guest

A few errors of 'Allocation Discrepancy'(that too in syslogs) is not at all serious.If you get this on user tables, it means a few pages are being wasted.

Hope this helps.
    regards,
    Ramakrishna Seelam.

------------