Thread: Error 18460

Christi Guest

Error 18460

We have been receiving the following message on several of our NT 4.0, SQL Server 7.0 systems recently....

Login failed. The maximum simultaneous user count of 5 licenses for this server has been exceeded. Additional licenses should be obtained and installed or you should upgrade to a full version.

What's odd is that when the error is received there are no messages logged in either the Event Log or the SQL Server logs. Also, there are 15 "per server" licenses on the machines yet we get the message when there are less than 15 connections to the box.

If anyone has any insight into why we are getting the message, I would REALLY appreciate it!

Ray Miao Guest

Error 18460 (reply)

Check server option 'max. user connections'.

------------
    Christi at 10/3/00 11:24:41 AM

We have been receiving the following message on several of our NT 4.0, SQL Server 7.0 systems recently....

Login failed. The maximum simultaneous user count of 5 licenses for this server has been exceeded. Additional licenses should be obtained and installed or you should upgrade to a full version.

What's odd is that when the error is received there are no messages logged in either the Event Log or the SQL Server logs. Also, there are 15 "per server" licenses on the machines yet we get the message when there are less than 15 connections to the box.

If anyone has any insight into why we are getting the message, I would REALLY appreciate it!

Christi Guest

Error 18460 (reply)

I have... all systems are set to 0 which is unlimited connections.......

------------
    Ray Miao at 10/3/00 12:08:54 PM

Check server option 'max. user connections'.

------------
    Christi at 10/3/00 11:24:41 AM