Thread: error 8645---waiting for memory resource---urgent pls

kavira Guest

error 8645---waiting for memory resource---urgent pls

Hi all,
    I am running Sql 7.0 with sp2. I have a memory 4GB. When i am running some batch jobs and replications i am getting following error number:
    ERROR NUMBER : 8645
    A time out occurred while waiting for memory resources to execute the query. Rerun the query.

Can anyone suggest me how i have to resolve the above error, because i was facing this error very often. Pls suggest me a permanent solution.

Thanks!

--Kavira

tcb Guest

error 8645---waiting for memory resource---urgent pls (reply)

This is straight our of BOL - hope this helps
    Error 8645
    Severity Level 17
    Message Text
    A time out occurred while waiting for memory resources to execute the query. Re-run the query.

Explanation
    If the query wait configuration option is -1, then Microsoft® SQL Server™ waited 25 times the estimated query cost for the memory required to run the query. If query time is a nonnegative value, then SQL Server waited this amount of time, in seconds, for the memory required to run the query. The query timed out and it has not been executed.

Action
    You can:

Free memory on the server.
    Check the size of the virtual memory paging file.

If possible, increase the size of the file.

Shut down any other applications running, if applicable, on the server.
    Add additional memory to the server.

Reduce the server workload.
    To decrease the server workload, reduce the number of users currently using SQL Server. To prevent additional users from logging in to SQL Server, pause the server. For more information, see Pausing and Resuming SQL Server in SQL Server Books Online for SQL Server 7.0.

Create one or more indexes.

Increase the query wait configuration value.