Thread: Linked servers: URGENT!!

Sa Guest

Linked servers: URGENT!!

can anyone give the syntax for executing a stored procedure which is sitting on server1 from server2. Name of the server1 is having dashes in it like
    'a-b-c'.

I am trying to run something like this from server2 using linked servers concept.Servers are successfully linked.But I am not able to run the query from server2.Here is the error I am getting.

Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 1
    Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'b'.

Apparently because of the dash in the name of the server1. Can anyone give me the correct syntax here??
    Thanks!

dinonaut Guest

Linked servers: URGENT!! (reply)

i haven't tested this one, but usually for reserved words you use [], like this [a-b-c]..

------------
    Sa at 1/22/01 7:36:58 PM

can anyone give the syntax for executing a stored procedure which is sitting on server1 from server2. Name of the server1 is having dashes in it like
    'a-b-c'.

I am trying to run something like this from server2 using linked servers concept.Servers are successfully linked.But I am not able to run the query from server2.Here is the error I am getting.

Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 1
    Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'b'.

Apparently because of the dash in the name of the server1. Can anyone give me the correct syntax here??
    Thanks!