Thread: How do I send someone a stored procedure?

Tim Guest

How do I send someone a stored procedure?

I have created some stored procedures that I wish to share with another user in another database. How can I extract this code, other than cut and paste, since I have quite a few? Is it possible to duplicate database object "stored procedures"? How about a script that would recreate them in the target database?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Markus Guest

How do I send someone a stored procedure? (reply)

Hi Tim

in case the destination server is a MSSQL7 I would use the transfer database objects option in the Data Export Wizard. Just select the stored procedures you want to transfer and the destination database.
    If it's not a SQL 7 server then I agree with Paul that using the scripting option is the easiest way.

Markus

------------
    Paul at 1/19/01 10:13:44 AM

Yes you can simply script them all up into one file. The Tools menu has various scripting options in it. i think if u right-click as well you can script objects.

------------
    Tim at 1/18/01 10:14:49 PM

I have created some stored procedures that I wish to share with another user in another database. How can I extract this code, other than cut and paste, since I have quite a few? Is it possible to duplicate database object "stored procedures"? How about a script that would recreate them in the target database?

Thanks!

MAK Guest

How do I send someone a stored procedure? (reply)

Use

SP_Helptext <procedurename>
    -MAK

------------
    Markus at 1/22/01 9:55:16 AM

Hi Tim

in case the destination server is a MSSQL7 I would use the transfer database objects option in the Data Export Wizard. Just select the stored procedures you want to transfer and the destination database.
    If it&#39;s not a SQL 7 server then I agree with Paul that using the scripting option is the easiest way.

Markus

------------
    Paul at 1/19/01 10:13:44 AM

Yes you can simply script them all up into one file. The Tools menu has various scripting options in it. i think if u right-click as well you can script objects.

------------
    Tim at 1/18/01 10:14:49 PM

I have created some stored procedures that I wish to share with another user in another database. How can I extract this code, other than cut and paste, since I have quite a few? Is it possible to duplicate database object &#34;stored procedures&#34;? How about a script that would recreate them in the target database?

Thanks!