Thread: URGENT - Can you restore just a table

Sheldon Marumoto Guest

URGENT - Can you restore just a table

Someone, I don't know who, deleted an important table in my database. I've only been able to find restore routines on full databases. Is there any way to restore just a single table?

Peter Guest

URGENT - Can you restore just a table (reply)

I don't think you can restore a single table. But, you could restore the full database backup (into a database with a different name)and then use the DTS or bcp, etc. to recreate the dropped table.

------------
    Sheldon Marumoto at 2/2/01 5:14:57 PM

Someone, I don't know who, deleted an important table in my database. I've only been able to find restore routines on full databases. Is there any way to restore just a single table?

Gareth Burrows Guest

------------

An interesting problem. To be honest, I don't think you can restore a single table, at least not without writing a script to do it. If it were me, I'd probably restore a backup of the database as a new database, then use DTS to move the table across to where you want it.

Hope that helps

Gareth

------------