Thread: Multiple e-mail notification

Sheldon Marumoto Guest

Multiple e-mail notification

Is there a way for an automated job to e-mail or net send to multiple locations on failure or completion?

Dallas Guest

Multiple e-mail notification (reply)

I had this problem and the only work around that I found was to have my MS Exchange Admin create a shared mailbox for the DBAs and the developers so that we could reference which ever was appropriate for the SQL Agent Mail notification. I don't know as far as Netsend though.

------------
    Sheldon Marumoto at 2/8/01 6:18:49 PM

Is there a way for an automated job to e-mail or net send to multiple locations on failure or completion?

Phil McCormack Guest

How about setting up a gloabl group under Exchange then setting up an operator under SQL which references this global group.

------------
    Dallas at 2/8/01 6:44:14 PM

I had this problem and the only work around that I found was to have my MS Exchange Admin create a shared mailbox for the DBAs and the developers so that we could reference which ever was appropriate for the SQL Agent Mail notification. I don't know as far as Netsend though.

------------

Sheldon Marumoto Guest

I figured it out. I set up a custom error message and then pointed an alert at it. The alert allows for multiple e-mail, pager and net send messages. Then, in my job, I just RAISERROR my custom error, and presto! Of course, I have to complete with success AND failure on that one or the job fails. I guess you can't have it all!

------------
    Phil McCormack at 2/9/01 3:30:42 AM

How about setting up a gloabl group under Exchange then setting up an operator under SQL which references this global group.

------------
    Dallas at 2/8/01 6:44:14 PM

------------