Thread: Backup Problem?

Tahir Guest

Backup Problem?

Hi,
    I have a silly questions for you guys.. I am trying to backup my file on Network but it never let me do that. It gives me device off-line error message.which off course related to acoounts permission.As I am using SQL Server 7.0 security. Not Windows NT integrated security.is that is the probelm.or something else.? Can someone help me out how can i backup my file on network which is Novell.? I'll appreciate your help.Thanks
    Tahir

Rich Guest

Backup Problem? (reply)

The service user account that SQL Server uses on the NT Network (control panel/services/mssqlserver(or sqlagent)/startup/log on as) needs to have the appropriate permissions on the network drive.

------------
    Tahir at 3/23/00 11:30:38 AM

Hi,
    I have a silly questions for you guys.. I am trying to backup my file on Network but it never let me do that. It gives me device off-line error message.which off course related to acoounts permission.As I am using SQL Server 7.0 security. Not Windows NT integrated security.is that is the probelm.or something else.? Can someone help me out how can i backup my file on network which is Novell.? I'll appreciate your help.Thanks
    Tahir