Thread: Does SQL7 work well on Win2K?

BL Guest

Does SQL7 work well on Win2K?

My shop is thinking of migrating from NT4 to Win2K. Is anyone running SQL7 on Windows 2000 (which edition?)? How's you're experience been? Anyone hear any anecdotes of particular things that don't work (well)?

Thanks for your input.

Michael Shannon Guest

Does SQL7 work well on Win2K? (reply)

BL

We have implemented SQL Server 7.0 sp2 on 5 WIN 2000 Advanced Servers. To date (rollover date 7-25-2000) we have not experienced difficulty. Instead there is more stability and less need for daily reboot. (Dell Poweredge 2450 dual 600 256 RAM – 2 SCSI per machine)

This SQL server environment is fairly stressful, we are using Merge Replication with near real time (Continuous) replication. Databases receive 300,000 inserts per day and manage up to 500 transaction per second.

There was one incident, SQL Server related, which involved a long DB recovery. Adv Server managed the DB recovery without lock-up.

We are moving to SQL 2000 (8.0) ASAP for even better TP and cluster/load balancing support.

------------
    BL at 8/14/00 4:41:03 PM

My shop is thinking of migrating from NT4 to Win2K. Is anyone running SQL7 on Windows 2000 (which edition?)? How's you're experience been? Anyone hear any anecdotes of particular things that don't work (well)?

Thanks for your input.

David Bobko Guest

Does SQL7 work well on Win2K? (reply)

Did you perform an upgrade on the server from NT 4 to Win2k? If so how did SQL 7 handle it?

------------
    BL at 8/14/00 4:41:03 PM

Thanks for your input.