Thread: Re: Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 1

Keith Guest

Re: Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 1

Hi,

Has anyone come across the following error on SQL Server 7, SP 3 or similiar:

DATE/TIME: 9/9/01 2:35:07 PM

DESCRIPTION: Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 1
    I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read of BUF pointer = 0xdf9eec0, page ptr = 0x28606000, pageid = (0x1:0x8f1e), dbid = 6, status = 0x801, file = g:siebdev_Data.MDF.

COMMENT: (None)

JOB RUN: (None)

The result caused the database to be inaccessible and had to be restored. Initial investigation points to hard disk troubles, but Compaq Insight manager says all is fine. Any theories would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Keith

joe Guest

Re: Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 1 (reply)

I got this error this mornign myself. The SQLBooks online suggest it's disk-related. I am having our operations group perform extensive checking procedures on the server tomorrow morning.

Also, DBCC CHECKDB with the repair_allow_data_loss option will probably correct this problem, instead of restoring from a backup (which just might contain corrupt data itself).

I'll try to remember to post here tomorrow with my results.

------------
    Keith at 9/10/01 6:20:15 AM

Hi,

Has anyone come across the following error on SQL Server 7, SP 3 or similiar:

DATE/TIME: 9/9/01 2:35:07 PM

DESCRIPTION: Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 1
    I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read of BUF pointer = 0xdf9eec0, page ptr = 0x28606000, pageid = (0x1:0x8f1e), dbid = 6, status = 0x801, file = g:siebdev_Data.MDF.

COMMENT: (None)

JOB RUN: (None)

The result caused the database to be inaccessible and had to be restored. Initial investigation points to hard disk troubles, but Compaq Insight manager says all is fine. Any theories would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Keith