Thread: DTS Licensing Error - Please help

Uday Guest

DTS Licensing Error - Please help

Hello all,
    I did explore the archives on this one, but could'nt find anything that closely matched my issue. I'm running SQL 7.0 Server (Desktop version) on my
    laptop and when I try to use DTS to transfer data from a SQL Server 7.0 running on NT Server 4.0 in the SAME NT domain. The error I get says that the
    licensing arrangement I have does not permit me to use DTS.

Please help!

Regards
    Uday

DTS Licensing Error - Please help (reply)

------------
    Uday at 6/24/01 8:42:56 PM

Hello all,
    I did explore the archives on this one, but could'nt find anything that closely matched my issue. I'm running SQL 7.0 Server (Desktop version) on my
    laptop and when I try to use DTS to transfer data from a SQL Server 7.0 running on NT Server 4.0 in the SAME NT domain. The error I get says that the

Please help!

Regards
    Uday

Uday Guest

DTS Licensing Error - Please help (reply)-your reply did'nt make it..

hi..
    your reply did'nt come thro' can you please re-post..
    thanks
    uday

------------
    at 6/24/01 9:02:20 PM

------------

Hello all,

Please help!

Regards
    Uday

Greg Guest

DTS Licensing Error - Please help (reply)

The most likely problem is that you are trying to DTS the data to a Statndard or Enterprise edition of SQL Server - which I'v yet to find a workaround for.

You can confirm this by running SELECT @@VERSION against the destination box and this will tell you if you are running Standard or Enterprise edition.

Other than exporting to a csv file then re-importing from the target server perhaps someone else has a better workaround?

. . Greg

------------

Hello all,

Please help!

Regards
    Uday