Thread: Cannot detach db

David L Guest

Cannot detach db

I am trying to detach an SQL7 db and reattach it to an SQL2K server. When I run sp_who I get a list of 10-15 processes that are running, most under my sa login. If I kill all the others and then try to run sp_detach_db I get the following:

Server: Msg 3702, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
    Cannot drop the database 'snb01' because it is currently in use.
    DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.

I have detached and reattached before, but I don't recall what I did differently. Pls help. TIA D. Lewis

Ray Miao Guest

Cannot detach db (reply)

Disconnect everyone, include yourself, from that db first.

------------
    David L at 8/21/2002 11:45:43 AM

I am trying to detach an SQL7 db and reattach it to an SQL2K server. When I run sp_who I get a list of 10-15 processes that are running, most under my sa login. If I kill all the others and then try to run sp_detach_db I get the following:

DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.

I have detached and reattached before, but I don't recall what I did differently. Pls help. TIA D. Lewis

David L Guest

Cannot detach db (reply)

Ray et al:
    I perused some of the past threads on this, and one aspect of my attempts is that I was logged in on QA to the db I was trying to detach. It is the middle of the production day now so I can't get everybody off immediately, but I will try to log in to the master, kill all the other processes, and detach the db.

Regarding your advice below, how does one log oneself off? From Master in QA?

TIA D. Lewis

------------
    Ray Miao at 8/21/2002 12:50:49 PM

Disconnect everyone, include yourself, from that db first.

------------
    David L at 8/21/2002 11:45:43 AM