Thread: This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it....

Mike Guest

This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it....

I am getting the following error while trying to update a SQL Server 7.0 table thru' MS Access('97 version). It was working fine until now. This problem started happening after re-linking the table to MS Access as new columns have been added on the SQL Server table. We tried re-starting the MS Access,re-linking the table again,giving all the permissions to the user on the table etc. Also, no other user is accessing the table at the same time..Any help?

Error message in MS Access:

This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it. If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other user made.

Copying the changes to the clipboard will let you look at the values the other user entered, and then paste your changes back in if you decide to make changes.

thanks,
    Mike.

Bob Guest

This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it.... (reply)

I think this is because Access doesn't actually hold any locks on the record. In that case somebody can come in and make changes and save them. Then you try to change them and Access at least knows the data has changed. I wouldn't try to update anything through Access, do it through sql.

------------
    Mike at 7/9/2002 12:59:05 PM

I am getting the following error while trying to update a SQL Server 7.0 table thru' MS Access('97 version). It was working fine until now. This problem started happening after re-linking the table to MS Access as new columns have been added on the SQL Server table. We tried re-starting the MS Access,re-linking the table again,giving all the permissions to the user on the table etc. Also, no other user is accessing the table at the same time..Any help?

Error message in MS Access:

This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it. If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other user made.

Copying the changes to the clipboard will let you look at the values the other user entered, and then paste your changes back in if you decide to make changes.

thanks,
    Mike.