Thread: Not specified

steve Guest

Not specified

Hi I'm having problems using the table view in SQL Server 7.0. The error messate that I get is: "The query cannot be executed because some files are either missing or not registered. Run setup again to make sure the required files are registered."

This is after a clean install. I made sure that all of the options were checked when I did the install. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks, Steve.

mmwops Guest

Not specified (reply)

Hi steve,

The first thing that comes to my mind is privileges:
    -The account you used for installing SQL server needs to have admin privileges on the machine sql is to be installed. If not Setup cannot install certain components and/or access registry keys.
    - The account used to start SQLserver and SQLserveragent must also be an account with admin privileges on at least the local machine, so local system account or an account that is a member of the local administrators group.
    Most likely however is that the account used to install SQL does not have the required privileges (rights&permissions)

------------
    steve at 2/5/2002 2:49:45 PM

Hi I'm having problems using the table view in SQL Server 7.0. The error messate that I get is: "The query cannot be executed because some files are either missing or not registered. Run setup again to make sure the required files are registered."

This is after a clean install. I made sure that all of the options were checked when I did the install. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks, Steve.